DVD Playback in Home DVD Issues

elbaker

I am using Windows XP Professional (Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600). I have purchased ExpressBurn with Video (Version 4.42). I have made a video with Windows Movie Maker (Version 5.1). My disc drive is a Matshita DVD-Ram UJ-841S. I have followed Microsofts instructions on how to 'Save Your Movie on a DVD" for saveing a movie...as a high-quality video file for burning to a DVD using a DVD burner and video DVD burning software for playback in a standard DVD player. I have gone through NCHs help menues and have looked at the topics in this forum. One topic suggested check marking 'Use FFMPEG..." under the File tab and then the Options tab. I have even tried this. I have done nothing on my computer while burning a DVD as suggested by the ExpressBurn user manuel. I have tried everything suggested, that I could find and I have not yet been able to burn a working DVD that will play in a DVD player and on a TV. Every disc will play on my computer, but I always get an error message when trying to play the DVD in a DVD player.

I have tried to give all of the background information in this post to assist in getting a answer that will work for me in my situation. A local computer repair shop just thinks the problem is with the Windows XP platform. Is this true or is there some way to make this work?

Thanks (in advance) for your help.

Sincerely, Evan

I am using Windows XP Professional (Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600). I have purchased ExpressBurn with Video (Version 4.42). I have made a video with Windows Movie Maker (Version 5.1). My disc drive is a Matshita DVD-Ram UJ-841S. I have followed Microsofts instructions on how to 'Save Your Movie on a DVD" for saveing a movie...as a high-quality video file for burning to a DVD using a DVD burner and video DVD burning software for playback in a standard DVD player. I have gone through NCHs help menues and have looked at the topics in this forum. One topic suggested check marking 'Use FFMPEG..." under the File tab and then the Options tab. I have even tried this. I have done nothing on my computer while burning a DVD as suggested by the ExpressBurn user manuel. I have tried everything suggested, that I could find and I have not yet been able to burn a working DVD that will play in a DVD player and on a TV. Every disc will play on my computer, but I always get an error message when trying to play the DVD in a DVD player.

I have tried to give all of the background information in this post to assist in getting a answer that will work for me in my situation. A local computer repair shop just thinks the problem is with the Windows XP platform. Is this true or is there some way to make this work?

Thanks (in advance) for your help.

Sincerely, Evan

What is the manufacturer and model of your DVD player? Also, why type of disc are you burning to? What is the brand of disc?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...