Audio stops recording at 1:38; sound level freezes

sondraberry.4971@gmail.com

When I begin recording my screen, the audio levels show on the display in both the Video Capture program and on my audio interface. However, at exactly 1:38 (one minute, 38 seconds), the audio level freezes in place on the Video Capture screen and the audio stops recording. The screen continues to be captured in the video format. I am using Windows XP, and a Zoom H2 "Handy Recorder" for my microphone/audio interface. I have rebooted my computer. I have not tried changing the length of recording time to 1:35 to see if breaking the recording down into smaller increments would help, as that would make the resulting files unmanageable.

Can you tell me how to resolve this problem? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

On a Mac, version 1.71, recording from Screen with Sunflower and Linein apps to reroute the speaker audio, I am able to record video from Safaribooksonline. However, after a few minutes of recording the selected screen portion (using .h264 video/mp4) the audio simply drops off/out. Also, trying to scroll forward in the recorded video causes the audio drop off. Playback will continue, but without sound.

But even if not scrolling forward (fast forward), the audio drops out after just a few minutes. I'm not sure if Safarionlinebooks is doing something on there end to detect the recording, or if something is wrong with the Debut program. It would be nice to be able to choose some other audio format to see if it has something to do with the .aac (apple?) codec or not. (Can you record an .mp4/.h264 with an mp3 audio instead of an .aac ?

anyway, hard to pay money for this if its not working properly. So, is this a limitation of the trial version?