PS won't run on my windows 7 pro m/c

skuaimages

Wish I had tried the free version first - but PS had such a good write up I bought it straight away

Then discovered that as soon as I registered it no refund possible and that support was extra (a lot extra)

My m/c is very uptodate and stable (no other problems with lots of s/w)

Windows/lenovo seems to have set the program to run under Administrator control

It runs OK if I boot in safe mode (basic services only and network) but resolution useless

After normal boot I get the home screen up fine but

after adding one media file (a jpg pic)and dragging it to the display area below

system

freezes when I attempt a second pic

white screen and blue circling cursor

then i close it and get program not responding

have tried other functions along the top task bar and i get the same dreaded white sceen

that's it really

i do want to get this working but might have to find an alternative product

have sent 6 msgs to nch support not sure i will get a reply

anyone have similar probs?

• 3 weeks later...

I started with the free version which ran fine on my Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit machine. I have upgraded to the paid version and it still runs fine. It is quick, handles all the formats it says it should and I can also add .mov files straight from my Canon 60D in full HD. I don't get any crashes or freezing and the slideshows I have produced have all worked fine on my standalone DVD player. No, this is not an advert for the software but I just wanted to point out that the software does work.

Have you tried uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it but with the "User Account Control" turned off. I have found with my Win 7 that this often affects the way that some programs install. Once installed "User Account Control" can always be turned back on however I would check that the software runs properly with it turned off in the first place. The fact that it runs okay in safe mode would indicate that some other driver or application is being loaded in normal mode which is affecting the software. It's probably not the software that's at fault but a setting on your machine. That's why I'm suggesting turning of the "User Account Control". If that doesn't work then you can use safe mode to keep adding drivers and processes until you discover the one that causes PS to start playing up. I forget the sequence required but basically you enter the safe mode which has the option of adding drivers one by one.

Hope some of that helps.

Wish I had tried the free version first - but PS had such a good write up I bought it straight away

Then discovered that as soon as I registered it no refund possible and that support was extra (a lot extra)

My m/c is very uptodate and stable (no other problems with lots of s/w)

Windows/lenovo seems to have set the program to run under Administrator control

It runs OK if I boot in safe mode (basic services only and network) but resolution useless

After normal boot I get the home screen up fine but

after adding one media file (a jpg pic)and dragging it to the display area below

system

freezes when I attempt a second pic

white screen and blue circling cursor

then i close it and get program not responding

have tried other functions along the top task bar and i get the same dreaded white sceen

that's it really

i do want to get this working but might have to find an alternative product

have sent 6 msgs to nch support not sure i will get a reply

anyone have similar probs?

• 3 weeks later...

I started with the free version which ran fine on my Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit machine. I have upgraded to the paid version and it still runs fine. It is quick, handles all the formats it says it should and I can also add .mov files straight from my Canon 60D in full HD. I don't get any crashes or freezing and the slideshows I have produced have all worked fine on my standalone DVD player. No, this is not an advert for the software but I just wanted to point out that the software does work.

Have you tried uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it but with the "User Account Control" turned off. I have found with my Win 7 that this often affects the way that some programs install. Once installed "User Account Control" can always be turned back on however I would check that the software runs properly with it turned off in the first place. The fact that it runs okay in safe mode would indicate that some other driver or application is being loaded in normal mode which is affecting the software. It's probably not the software that's at fault but a setting on your machine. That's why I'm suggesting turning of the "User Account Control". If that doesn't work then you can use safe mode to keep adding drivers and processes until you discover the one that causes PS to start playing up. I forget the sequence required but basically you enter the safe mode which has the option of adding drivers one by one.

Hope some of that helps.

• 1 month later...