Customer negative balance

Windburn

Express Accounts V3.04

I have a couple of customers in my customer list that have somehow ended up with negative balances owing. When I bring up an "Unpaid Accounts Report" these two customer balances are deducted from the total. Anybody have any thoughts on how this would have happened ?. I can correct it by editing the customer and putting the same amount as the starting balance and hitting "recalculate balance" but not sure if this will bite me somewhere else.

Cheers

Express Accounts V3.04

I have a couple of customers in my customer list that have somehow ended up with negative balances owing. When I bring up an "Unpaid Accounts Report" these two customer balances are deducted from the total. Anybody have any thoughts on how this would have happened ?. I can correct it by editing the customer and putting the same amount as the starting balance and hitting "recalculate balance" but not sure if this will bite me somewhere else.

Cheers

==========================

Windburn

Version 3.26 offers this -Added Reconciliation report that show all reconcilied transactions up to the date of the report

not sure if your version lacks the above fix done for newer versions.

I would suggest have you gone back and matched up payments with invoices or customers ? Did only a partial payment or miss typed amount get applied to a customer ? When adding several charges or fees to a receipt transaction such as:

Number Name Amount

1111 paint $10 DR

1112 brushes $9 DR

Is DR is listed by both purchases? Have you looked thru the Journal for those transactions ?

I have the same issue with a customer payment showing a negative balance when there shouldn't be 1.

BradUSA

==========================

Windburn

Version 3.26 offers this -Added Reconciliation report that show all reconcilied transactions up to the date of the report

not sure if your version lacks the above fix done for newer versions.

I would suggest have you gone back and matched up payments with invoices or customers ? Did only a partial payment or miss typed amount get applied to a customer ? When adding several charges or fees to a receipt transaction such as:

Number Name Amount

1111 paint $10 DR

1112 brushes $9 DR

Is DR is listed by both purchases? Have you looked thru the Journal for those transactions ?

I have the same issue with a customer payment showing a negative balance when there shouldn't be 1.

BradUSA

Thanks Brad,

I managed to find one customer with a payment allocated against them without an invoice number. Once I deleted that transaction the balance returned to zero. Still can't find the reason for a negative balance on the other customer though, all the invoices match and payments seem correct.

Cheers

Windburn