Get Around Capture limit - 10 hours?

Solice

I've been attempting to use this software to capture long outputs from another computer. It seems to work fine, but after 10 hours (actually, 1 frame past 10 hours) the capture just stops, even though I've only used 136 GB of disk space out of the 2 TB. Does anyone know how I can get past this? My target capture length is about 72 hours. I've tried using the automatic chunking feature at 3 hours per clip, but joining them back together yields 1 second gaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I've tested this, but if you scheduled a recording every ten hours then you should be allright then.

Set up a schedule with a nine and a half hour endpoint, then rinse and repeat. A lame runaround for this problem but I assume there is a reason for it. *I give the developers some credit :3*

Enjoy your fix!

EDIT: In the Debut window, up top, the 'Options' icon. Click.

Select the 'Record' tab.

Tick the 'Limit Maximum Recording Time' option. Set it to whatever, and select 'Create new recording and continue'

Found this about 6 minutes after posting. Iamsogood...

Not that I've tested this, but if you scheduled a recording every ten hours then you should be allright then.

Set up a schedule with a nine and a half hour endpoint, then rinse and repeat. A lame runaround for this problem but I assume there is a reason for it. *I give the developers some credit :3*

Enjoy your fix!

EDIT: In the Debut window, up top, the 'Options' icon. Click.

Select the 'Record' tab.

Tick the 'Limit Maximum Recording Time' option. Set it to whatever, and select 'Create new recording and continue'

Found this about 6 minutes after posting. Iamsogood...

As noted, I tried that. The maximum time it will allow me to set on a record length in the "Limit Maximum Recording Time" option is precisely 3 hours, or as the error message says "10800 seconds." As noted, this provides a 1 seconds gap in between files, so when I go to join them back, it causes a gap in the joined file. Additionally, the same happens if I use the scheduler to create end-on-end schedules to record.