Header Accounts

rmdivito

Hello,

Can someone tell me the functionality of Header accounts? I do see some header accounts in the default list and i can see the ability to create additional accounts including header accounts. My query is this:

1. Do header accounts add up all the sub-header accounts that one posts expenses too?

2. if so, then how does one make sub-header accounts that will feed the header accounts? Is it the numbering system.ie. 6600's all feed into one header account? i tried that but doesn't work for me.

any help is appreciated.

best,

rd

Hello,

Can someone tell me the functionality of Header accounts? I do see some header accounts in the default list and i can see the ability to create additional accounts including header accounts. My query is this:

1. Do header accounts add up all the sub-header accounts that one posts expenses too?

2. if so, then how does one make sub-header accounts that will feed the header accounts? Is it the numbering system.ie. 6600's all feed into one header account? i tried that but doesn't work for me.

any help is appreciated.

best,

rd

------------------------------------------------------

RD

"This type is intended to be used as a title of a group of accounts. Header accounts are used only for grouping accounts that have a similar purpose." 1 definition of a Header Account.

To keep it simple.... New Header Account -Test - 0000 then Create New Account called Test Supplies non header account 0001. So when you look at the List or Chart of accounts you will see at the very top : Test account Type-expense Header-y Bank-no. Under Test account you will see Test supplies account if you make a 3rd account Testing equipment 0002 that would be just under testing supplies in the list or chart of accounts.

To add up or see all the costs or figures for each account Testing Supplies or Testing equipment then go the Journal to see a list of the expenses for each Account.

BradUSA