how to set up ip information

awesomedude

i have installed the broadcam now i have configured my router as you peoples told

but when ever i use connect the window that open that says

"Because your computer is on a private network you must setup your router and enter the known host details for the links to work properly from a public IP."

please help me what to do?

i have installed the broadcam now i have configured my router as you peoples told

"Because your computer is on a private network you must setup your router and enter the known host details for the links to work properly from a public IP."

first thing to do is make sure that your pc has a fixed IP adres.Therefor open your network connection and look at the current IP adres, gateway, dns ... you just need to copie the same numbers in the TCP IP V4 protocol of your network.

Once that is done and the pc is still able to connect to the internet you need to log on to your router.

There you need the page with "portforwarding".

Here you enter the IP adres (that you made fixed just before) and as port you need to enter "86" (this is the standart port for this software).

• 3 weeks later...

You don't need to worry about that. If your "Web Routing and Test Wizard" says your network is configured properly you're set to go. Send the links to someone and have them click on the public network links.