VEC Infinity pedal not working on new Mac Mini

Tim Tompkins

OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

New Infinity pedal IN-USB-2 is recognized in Express Scribe pedal wizard. But pedal presses are not = all 3 buttons seem dead. Yet they work perfectly on my old PC ... which is dying and must be thrown away soon. So the pedal is good. I called Martel where I bought the pedal, nice tech support, who said there are no drivers to install, the OS has what it needs. "Try different USB ports." Didn't fix it. I bought the tech support plan from NCH but haven't heard any ideas to make the pedal work on the Mac, just one prompt email regarding the old PC, which is dying worse every day ... all audio now biting the dust.

Model Identifier: Macmini4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Has anyone ever gotten this pedal / Mac combination to work with ES?

Best regards,

Tim Tompkins

• 2 weeks later...

OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

New Infinity pedal IN-USB-2 is recognized in Express Scribe pedal wizard. But pedal presses are not = all 3 buttons seem dead. Yet they work perfectly on my old PC ... which is dying and must be thrown away soon. So the pedal is good. I called Martel where I bought the pedal, nice tech support, who said there are no drivers to install, the OS has what it needs. "Try different USB ports." Didn't fix it. I bought the tech support plan from NCH but haven't heard any ideas to make the pedal work on the Mac, just one prompt email regarding the old PC, which is dying worse every day ... all audio now biting the dust.

Model Identifier: Macmini4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Has anyone ever gotten this pedal / Mac combination to work with ES?

Best regards,

Tim Tompkins

Hi Tim, I'm getting this problem on my iMac - now several years old. I received the Infinity pedal today, and I'm getting the exact same problem. The pedal is no good to me like this, so I'll keep looking for solutions, but have a long job which I need to get on with. I believed all the 5* reviews, and am feeling a bit aggrieved at the time I'm wasting. Have you found anything out yet?

Hi Tim, I'm getting this problem on my iMac - now several years old. I received the Infinity pedal today, and I'm getting the exact same problem. The pedal is no good to me like this, so I'll keep looking for solutions, but have a long job which I need to get on with. I believed all the 5* reviews, and am feeling a bit aggrieved at the time I'm wasting. Have you found anything out yet?

Hi CarolineW,

Your response is the only one to-date. Thank you for proving there is some life in the Mac forum.

Although my VEC Infinity pedal is useless with ES on the Mac, the hot-keys in ES do work. So rather than spend big money on a commercial transcribing program, I assigned Play/Stop F8, Rewind F7, and Fast Forward F9 hot-keys, and ES is in use. A bit of a distraction and not as elegant as the pedal, but my wife and I are at least not stuck in the mud. We are holding onto the pedal because it is well made, priced fairly, and not at fault; and one of these days ES may actually support it.

~ Tomtim