Camera Driver settings

dayjelkc

For my device settings, I use NTSC. I also select "S-Video" as my input. When I reboot the computer, the settings revert back to "PAL" and "Tuner", and I have to manually go in each time and reset them. Is there a way to save my camera settings. This is quite annoying! :)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

For my device settings, I use NTSC. I also select "S-Video" as my input. When I reboot the computer, the settings revert back to "PAL" and "Tuner", and I have to manually go in each time and reset them. Is there a way to save my camera settings. This is quite annoying! :)

Jim

This is usually a function of the capture device itself as I have found this behaviour to be true with nearly every video capture device in combination with nearly software application. Its seems that they always revert to whatever the "default" settings are for that device after reboot/shutdown. I have some *very* high-end video hardware from AVID that I use & it behaves in the same manner.

The way that I have solved this issue for myself is in a very wierd way:

The only piece of software that I have found which always "remembers" by video capture hardware settings is a small, *free* (yay!!) program called VirtualDub (Google it) which, if you don't know, is a handy little "quick down & dirty" video editing, encoding and capture app for windows. Ironically, this little freeware app never forgets my video device settings (I/O, Video Standard, Framerate, Colorspace, HSV Tweaking, etc.). I just keep a shortcut to VirtualDub on my desktop, and have developed the habit of double-clicking that shortcut anytime I plan to do any video capture work, whether I have rebooted, or not. The program is so that it opens in about 0.5sec., it then immediately set the capture device to all of my desired settings that it "remembered". I then exit right back out of VirtualDub and my video device is all set up for anything until the next time I reboot/shutdown.

It's almost like having a desktop shortcut just to set my video device settings.

I know..., it's strange..., but it works.

Ciao,

DeDLykMe

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

-- Hunter S. Thompson