Titles in PhotoStage Slideshow Creator

emiramar

a. Highlight the first slide in your show (optional but helps to see the title being added).

b. Under (1) ADD PHOTOS, VIDEOCLIPS, AND MUSIC click on ADD A BLANK SLIDE.

c. Dialogue box will open - choose position as BEGINNING OF TIMELINE. Click OK.

d. Black, blank slide will be inserted before your first slide.

e. Highlight the blank slide. Under (2) ADD EFFECTS choose TEXT OVERLAY.

f. Dialogue box opens. You can type your message, choose font, choose font colours, alignment, etc.

g. Practise the typing as this will affect the position of your message etc. I have found that the width of the slide is just a little wider than 16:9. If you are processing for 4:3 then the text will have to be clear of the edges.

h. If you want to have a background colour other than black on the blank slide before you press ADD A BLANK SLIDE use the arrow to the right and choose the option CUSTOM COLOUR.

i. If you navigate away from the slide when you go back to it (by highlighting it) you will see (under the ADD EFFECTS option) APPLIED EFFECTS. Choose TEXT OVERLAY and the text will open up again for editing so that you can change the words, font, font colour etc.

j. I've only just started using this program (the free edition) so there may be more options than I have mentioned above. Have a play around and you may find there's more than I have stated.

So far I've burned 2 DVDs (using Infiniti DVD+R)and they have played back perfectly on my Phillips DVD player. I'm using UK PAL and Widescreen TV options in the setup for encoding. You'll have to use options to suit your tv system and size. I have also made a couple of mpg slideshows and they play perfectly on the PC. Haven't tried any of the other outputs to date. I don't understand why others seem to be having trouble with the program.

Hope it all works for you.

Thank you for your detailed advice, Pugwash ! - Emiramar

a. Highlight the first slide in your show (optional but helps to see the title being added).

b. Under (1) ADD PHOTOS, VIDEOCLIPS, AND MUSIC click on ADD A BLANK SLIDE.

c. Dialogue box will open - choose position as BEGINNING OF TIMELINE. Click OK.

d. Black, blank slide will be inserted before your first slide.

e. Highlight the blank slide. Under (2) ADD EFFECTS choose TEXT OVERLAY.

f. Dialogue box opens. You can type your message, choose font, choose font colours, alignment, etc.

g. Practise the typing as this will affect the position of your message etc. I have found that the width of the slide is just a little wider than 16:9. If you are processing for 4:3 then the text will have to be clear of the edges.

h. If you want to have a background colour other than black on the blank slide before you press ADD A BLANK SLIDE use the arrow to the right and choose the option CUSTOM COLOUR.

i. If you navigate away from the slide when you go back to it (by highlighting it) you will see (under the ADD EFFECTS option) APPLIED EFFECTS. Choose TEXT OVERLAY and the text will open up again for editing so that you can change the words, font, font colour etc.

j. I've only just started using this program (the free edition) so there may be more options than I have mentioned above. Have a play around and you may find there's more than I have stated.

So far I've burned 2 DVDs (using Infiniti DVD+R)and they have played back perfectly on my Phillips DVD player. I'm using UK PAL and Widescreen TV options in the setup for encoding. You'll have to use options to suit your tv system and size. I have also made a couple of mpg slideshows and they play perfectly on the PC. Haven't tried any of the other outputs to date. I don't understand why others seem to be having trouble with the program.

Hope it all works for you.