Three Features Questions

BleaS

Question 1

In (File > Options > Output) there is a section for "Output file name", this is a great feature and it has the %autonumber% variable so that your videos can index properly. However, I was curious if there were any other variables that could be used in the file name. For instance, I'd love to have a %date% variable to organize recordings by date automatically, rather than individually changing them. I figured I might input it as a suggestion, but I wanted to make sure it didn't exist before I tried it.

Question 2

Just in my quick playing with it, I found out that I could change to black and white while recording. I figured this was pretty neat, but the only problem was, if I wanted to, say, switch to black and white, then back to normal color, and then to negative, all in one recording, I'd have to pause in the middle of the recording to get that setup, which would cause a brief moment of choppiness in the video. I'm not sure if this feature exists, so I figured I might suggest it on their website, but I wanted to make sure first, but I'd like to have it so that I have a button which I hit before any changes I make are applied to the video. I still want to be able to do it while recording, but it wouldn't apply the settings until I hit apply or whatever, if that makes sense?

Question 3

Switching... I found that I couldn't, say, record from my webcam and then switch to my screen all in one recording. Is there any way to do this, or would I have to make multiple recordings and put them together to get that effect?

• 1 month later...

1: I totally aprove of Output file name managing. Dates, Autonumbers, even the 'Limit maximum recording time' options could use a numbering feature when you are using the 'Create new recording and continue' option. This could be handy. +1

2: You seem to want to edit your recordings in the mix. That kinda stuff only happens in techy TV newsrooms and when beatboxers use a soundstation. It would be more sensible to just record what you want in one big blow, then edit it with all your negitive/BnW/whatever later with another program.

3: Multiple recordings sounds like the way to go, but then again I have no idea what end you are trying to acheive with so much sporiadic alterations. I was reading a post earlier that someone was trying to use Debut to record from multiple cameras for the sake of home security. Unlike your question, they didn't want to just switch from camera to camera, they wanted all of them.

Again, I don't know why you want to switch about like this. But it's a good idea for say, livestreaming.

Ps. If two or three suggestions are made for something, the developers will look at it and go 'Hmm, ok. Could be usefull but isn't going to benifet us very much'

If one THOUSAND suggestions are made, the developers go 'Holy! This is really popular, we should do this and get some good reputation with our consumers!'

The moral of this story is; if you want to suggest something, bloody give it to them.