Please Help Me!

SrKinko

For some reason when i try to edit the speed of a selected video via the Speed effect in videopad it wont load the video again if i try to change the speed it just says "building preview please wait" but no matter how long i wait for it to "built the preview" it never loads anything. I have tried to change the speed of videos numerous times but i always end up with the same result. Could someone plaease help me with this? And if this helps I have version 4.21. Thanks, SrKinko

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

When you have set the new speed with the slider, does the green bar at the top of the clip progress to the right? It should. Depending on the length of the clip and the amount of speed change you are making it can take quite some time as if you are reducing the speed, VP creates the intermediate frames to render a smooth movie. (You can set this the "Options" Tab)

If you are trying to slow down a whole film it may take a very long time.You will just have to be patient.

Speeding up a clip is obviously quicker as VP only needs to remove frames.

Nat

• 1 year later...

Hello. I've just downloaded freeware version 3.0 to give it a try, and have discovered the same problem. My previous version, 2.41, couldn't do cross-fades properly, so I thought 3.0 might be an improvement. It does have better cross-fades, but now when I'm trying to preview my handiwork, there are no indicator bars or messages anywhere telling me how long the rendering will take, and every time I press the play button, it just says "Building preview | Please wait..."

Hi

I don't think the crossfade effect in Version 3.0 has altered much from version 2.41. It works in the same way as regards the frames used in the effect, but in version 3.0 the user has lost the ability to drag the ends of the effects bar left or right and so "de-centre" the crossfade which was often quite useful. It seems to be produced in a different way as well. The two ends seem to get calculated first and then the right hand fade is generated followed by the left hand half. In version 2.41 the effect seemed to be generated from left to right in one go. This may explain why it can't be moved.

"there are no indicator bars or messages anywhere telling me how long the rendering will take, and every time I press the play button, it just says "Building preview | Please wait"

In version 3.0 as in 2.41, there is a yellow bar over the top of the clip that fills in as the effect is generated and the clip can be reviewed immediately in the left hand pane when this is complete.

If the sequence is altered then a green bar traverses along over the top of the thumbnail image/s. If this is still in progress then the message will appear.

Rendering to an avi(etc) can take more time and seems to be longer in V3.0 than for a similar sequence in 2.41.but a progress window should still appear with the blue bar.

Nat