Statement ordering of transactions

zanewilson

When producing statements, Express Accounts seems to print the transactions in the order they were entered. This is probably fine most of the time, but I am catching up old transactions in the software having just started using it, and I have found that statements print out the transactions in the order entered, regardless of the dates.

I would expect a statement to print in the date order of the transactions, or at least have an option to do so.

Does anyone know how to change the date order of the transaction list in statements? Or have a good reason why order of capture is the correct order for a statement?

I am using 3.41 (paid) but have also tested this in 4.02.

Zane Wilson

What Statements are you trying to print out ? Bank Statements ?

If you go to View button on the main window > to Journal from the drop down menu > on the Journal screen look for the Account: from the drop down choose the Account you want to view such as a Checking Account or ?. To view past transactions adjust the Start & End dates in those drop downs as well.

To print click on Report on the menu bar of the Journal screen/window or save as a csv to export to an Excel spreadsheet.

Hope this helps, if you have more ? just ask

BradMy link

Hi,

I am trying to issue Customer Statements - so want to show all invoices and payments received for a specific customer, for a specific period. This is via Statements (View -> Customers, select a customer then click Statements) or Automatic Statements.

Statements work fine, but they sort the transactions (invoices & payments) in the order entered into Express Accounts, not the date order, and the date order seems more sensible. Alternatively I'd be happy with Invoices (date order sorted) followed by Payment Receipts (date order sorted) too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zane.

Zane Wilson

You can sort/list customers by name to do this:1. on the Home/main Screen on the left look in the Invoices box and choose Open Invoice List > in the Invoice window click the Customer button it's next to the Order button this will / should sort by Customer Name. Also in the Invoice window you hold down the control key and select multiple customers & highlite a group of customers also.

I hope I answered your question.

BradMy link

Hi,

Thanks, but what I am trying to do is have a sort order on the transactions (invoices and payment receipts) on the statement issued to an individual customer. So sorting of the customers or invoices within the Express Accounts GUI doesn't help with this. The statements are output as a PDF (or as an onscreen preview) and there is no way to modify the sort order so that transactions are listed by date.

Regards,

Zane.

Zane Wilson

Try this:

On the Main Screen/Window > click the Reports button > from the drop down menu choose Payments + Select the Period - Start Date & End Date > from the window that displays the results you'll see Customer & Invoice # & Method (check/cash/visa) & Reference # ( number on the customer check) & the Amount.

In the same same window click the Report button and from the drop down menu choose the Save as .CSV. This will export all the data from that Report: Sales Payment Invoice to an Excel file from there. from the Excel window click the the letters A B C D E F above all columns containing data > click the Data ( on the menu bar in Excel ) button > from the drop down menu choose Sort > choose customer from the drop down menu.

I hope this helps or answers your question. The Bolded refers to Express Accounts and the Underlined refers to Excel.

Brad

bdjanitorialor

Included are 2 screen shots 1 of Excel & 1 of Reports window from Express Accounts