Transparent Overlay images?

CNemo

AS a Newbie to this application I have almost always found the experience trumps stupidity. Here's my question: can you make transparent image overlays showing symbols, arrows, etc over snapshot clips? I have tried several approaches and all were unsuccessful. Even wingdings don't work properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I think what you are seeking is called chroma key, or green screen. This is the effect that you commonly see used by the weather man/woman on the nightly news. VideoPad does have this feature as part of the overlay functions, but I've read that it can leave the image pixelated (I haven't used it myself yet, but I can't wait to try it out sometime).

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from this question, a slightly different requirement.

I'm currently evaluating VideoPad Editor v2.30, as I need to record video demonstrations of my web-based application.

Some of the fields contain sensitive information (such as passwords and email addresses), and therefore need to be blurred or overlayed.

I can't see a way to do this on the evaluation version, but it sounds like the paid-for version is capable of supporting this?

If so, how time-consuming is it going to be to 'hide' the sensitive information?

Many thanks!