Getting started

dubina

I was able to browse to a Debut Video avi file and open it in the preview window. For some reason, I get a message that informs that the file has no clips...therefore I can't designate start and end points or drag a clip down for concatenation.

The tutorial tells me how to do that, but it doesn't tell me what to do if I can't grab a clip.

I don't know if the editor can be used to edit avi files.

Question about the issues above and where to look in a users' manual for answers to glitches like this one?

Hi

VP will certainly edit avi files.

Open videopad and select File - New project.

Both preview windows will show a message regarding "Project empty etc." and "No clips etc."

Click "Add Media" and browse to the folder that contains your avi.

Click the avi of your choice and then "Open"

The avi file will appear in the Media list window on the left of the VP screen.

The left hand preview window will now be blank and the right hand preview window will still have the message"No clips

etc.)

Now if you left click the clip in the media list it SHOULD appear in the left hand preview window along with a series of thumbnails, play button and clip editing controls. The right hand preview screen should remain unchanged.

If it doesn't do this then something would seem to be incorrect regarding the clip format.

If all is well then you can either drag the avi clip from the media list directly onto the sequence line or use the green arrow under the left preview window to place the clip on the sequence line.

Using either method, the clip should now appear in the right hand preview window along with play/step buttons and snapshot button.

Nat