Saving Last frame of a zoomed clip

CNemo

New to forum and I would like to save the last frame of a zoomed sequence at the same scale as what I see in the preview. If I save last frame as an image it does not appear as the same scale as the preview in a movie. Even tried taking the image to an external editor and resetting to same scale as original movie scale with no success.

Thanks for the help.

Hi

I'm not sure how you are trying to do this, but assuming you have used the pan/zoom feature of VP, the format of the final frame at the end of the zoom/pan will be the same as the start frame. 16:9 or 4:3 depending on your setting.

I am assuming that you want the last frame of your film as a still image, so click your clip on the sequence line (best in storyboard mode) so your clip previews in the RH window.

Click near the end of your clip and then step along to the last frame OR use the lower of the two buttons on the right in your preview window. This will take you to the end of your clip.Now step back a frame using the upper button. The preview should now display the last frame. Now click the camera icon under the preview window to save the current frame as an image. It will appear on the media list.

This frame has the same format as the rest of the clip and can be added to your project in exactly the same way as an image. If you add it after your clip and then set the display for, say 5 seconds without a transition. Your clip will play..zoom/pan and then freeze for 5 seconds as the image plays.

Is that the effect you are after? If this is not the case, what do you mean by "scale".

Nat

Hi

I'm not sure how you are trying to do this, but assuming you have used the pan/zoom feature of VP, the format of the final frame at the end of the zoom/pan will be the same as the start frame. 16:9 or 4:3 depending on your setting.

I am assuming that you want the last frame of your film as a still image, so click your clip on the sequence line (best in storyboard mode) so your clip previews in the RH window.

Click near the end of your clip and then step along to the last frame OR use the lower of the two buttons on the right in your preview window. This will take you to the end of your clip.Now step back a frame using the upper button. The preview should now display the last frame. Now click the camera icon under the preview window to save the current frame as an image. It will appear on the media list.

This frame has the same format as the rest of the clip and can be added to your project in exactly the same way as an image. If you add it after your clip and then set the display for, say 5 seconds without a transition. Your clip will play..zoom/pan and then freeze for 5 seconds as the image plays.

Is that the effect you are after? If this is not the case, what do you mean by "scale".

Nat

Thanks Nat: I'll give it a try and let you know what I come up with. Dave

Still no joy.. Did as you directed but when I made an .avi file (640 x 480) the black space on either side of the final snapshot was larger that what was in the preview or the video track display. This is what I mean by a "change in scale" It's as though the zoomed snapshot got smaller in the movie rather that what is presented in the preview. There is text in the final snap if that makes a difference. Dave

Hi Dave

Using my normal HD format (16:9) the steps I have outlined work fine and the end project saves and plays correctly. i.e the final still "snapshot" is identical to the film. The effect is that the end of the zoom freezes. It does the same with or without titles added. I was somewhat puzzled by your result as I would expect that the "snapshot" would be only the image and not the border. However......

I have just retried the steps I outlined to you with a webcam avi of 640 x 480 in 4:3 mode set in the zoom window. This DOES have side bars and they DO appear in the zoom/pan screen. I have set the zoom function to close in to the maximum and again, my snapshot of the last frame of the zoom is still identical to the film format with the same borders etc. It previews perfectly..........

NOW...

I have just saved this "perfect" clip to my PC using your settings and NOW SEE WHAT YOU MEAN. :blink: Yes the still frame at the end is decidedly SMALLER than the film frame and the borders are much wider. I have the feeling it's due to your save settings. It seems any setting using 640 x 480 will give this effect but "widescreen" won't (Dunno why :( )

So

If you are wanting to get the closest to 640 x 480 but still have "widescreen" so the borders seem OK, use these settings...

Preset:Custom

Format:avi

Resolution: 640 x 360 (Click Custom.....This gives ratio of 1:1.777)

Framerate:25

On my PC this played OK and the size was as close as possible to what you want. Give this a try.

Nat

Nat