Video Speed Problems... PLEASE HELP

ogcheese

I've been using VideoPad Video Editor for a few weeks, making/converting videos to be uploaded to youtube. Only tonight, everytime I save a movie, it automatically adjust the playback speed, playing my videos at what seems twice the speed, making me sound like a chipmunk. I've never had this problem before, it just happened all of a sudden and I can't seem to fix it. I thought it was perhaps the file I was using, so I tread making a video I had already made but from scratch (just repeated the process I had previously) and now those videos are sped up too. I have no idea what is going on and I'm losing my mind. PLEASE someone help me as soon as possible!

Hi

Sorry, not seen that happen before.

One possibility, but rather unlikely, is that you have inadvertantly changed the playback speed of your project, although the setting should default back to 100% for a new project and normally only affects individual clips.

Right click the film on the sequence line and then the "Adjust playback speed" tab. The slider should be set at 100%.

Do you have a speed setting on your DVD player?

Assuming that your project previews OK, You may find it better (possibly) to save your project to your PC as Computer/Data with:-

Preset as an HD 720 or HD 1080 video and not one of the Utube defaults. Keep the framerate at 25 fps and under the Encoder options the format as MPEG4 (Native)

Video compression settings: Average bitrate= 8192 and maximum bitrate 10240.

Sound compressor MP3 (Native)

Sound format 44100

The resulting avi should play in WMP so check its OK.

You should now be able to upload this directly to Utube as an HD film from the Utube site.

Nat (Not an expert)