gameplay problems

erii-chan93

Hi guys!

I have a problem:

I want to start recording my games through debut( I have FRAPS which I hear is better, but I just don`t agree). And the file that I`m recording it in is avi. and the sound is in mp3 and the video compressor is in MPEG4

but still when I launch a game, I get no picture, the screen is black......what am I doing wrong?

• 4 months later...

Erii, if you're trying to record your games n fullscreen using a hotkey to start recording, then you and I are having the same problem. I've yet to fix it, due to only recently encountering the problem. I'm also disuaded to solve this because I know that Debut doesn't do my games justice in terms of quality.

However, in another thread there is talk about how games are run in an overlay which isn't detected by Debut and some such.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=14618

If you find a solution to this problem and can post it, or if anyone else can assist in a more effective manner I'd love to hear it.

Hi, It has been a while since I posted that and I have to say that I don`t use Debut anymore. I found out that it just didn`t work and I didn`t find any sloution(not that I remember anyways). But, since then I have tested and tried some other screen recording programs. And there is two that I would recommend you to use:

- Bandicam: You get good quality and the sound works fine( if you follow the guide lines on the wedsite).

- Quicktime X: Here you get an awesome quality to your videos but there is one thing that is really annoying: for some odd reason Quicktime makes this little widow when you start recording your game. And to get that window on the middle you might have to find a video editing program that has cropping( do not recommend imovie), and the one I use is VideoPad but it takes down the quality some which is also annoying. But you don`t need to worry about when the recording stops because that is something you control your self.

If neither of these is working for you then I`m sorry that I couldn`t be to better help, but that`s those who I feel works better than Fraps and Debut.

Erii, if you're trying to record your games n fullscreen using a hotkey to start recording, then you and I are having the same problem. I've yet to fix it, due to only recently encountering the problem. I'm also disuaded to solve this because I know that Debut doesn't do my games justice in terms of quality.

However, in another thread there is talk about how games are run in an overlay which isn't detected by Debut and some such.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=14618

If you find a solution to this problem and can post it, or if anyone else can assist in a more effective manner I'd love to hear it.