Purchases/accounts

tlal23

Hi there I have just downloaded this program today to help organise my boyfriends business.

I've never used any of these types of programs so any help is appreciated.

Now im trying to work out how to keep track of purchases/expenses. My partnet has an earth moving small business so purchases/expenses are rock, concrete ect, also insurnace on machines, registrations ect.

I have found an area which says purchase transactions but when i type the purchase in it says account paid from but I have nothing there, also account allocation which just says tax paid or tax collected is that right?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hi there I have just downloaded this program today to help organise my boyfriends business.

I've never used any of these types of programs so any help is appreciated.

Now im trying to work out how to keep track of purchases/expenses. My partnet has an earth moving small business so purchases/expenses are rock, concrete ect, also insurnace on machines, registrations ect.

I have found an area which says purchase transactions but when i type the purchase in it says account paid from but I have nothing there, also account allocation which just says tax paid or tax collected is that right?

Please help

Thanks in advance

traceal

If you go to: Express Accounts main page and click Options Tab/Button--in the new window click on the Accounts tab--Click the ADD button towards the lower part of the window--a New Account window will open-- to set up a bank account--enter a Name For The Account--choose 0 next to Asset and from the drop down arrow click bank accout.

When you make a purchase or write a check that Bank Account (you created) should appear in the Account Paid From box for each purchase or payment--not payments received from a customer.

In the Accounts window ( where you set up the bank account) you set up new accounts )-- Give New Account a Name such as gasoline, equipment, tools, etc.--- click 0 next to Expenses and from the drop down arrow click operating expenses or 1 of the other choices.

Good luck

BradUSA