Video instability

Parallax

Hello.

I have recently encountered a problem with Videopad. When I record video with a common PC/game recorder, Fraps, the files that are spit out for some reason crash Video Pad when I put them into the video track. These videos (After about some 2-3 minuets, Fraps creates a new file) are uncompressed and very large. About one minuet of footage is one gigabyte. I was wondering if there was any fix for this, other than possibly converting the video somewhere else - that would simply take ages.

Video pad is version 2.22

Hi

You are correct. The Fraps FPS1 avi format seem to crash VP.Just trying to drag them from the media list is enough to cause things to come to a dead stop. If you want to edit them in VP, you can convert them to MPEG2 format easily enough and then they will load into VP OK. Definition in the saved project seems OK.

Converting these to MPEG2 format (about 800 mb) takes around 160 seconds on my PC. I am using "Any Video Converter" from

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

and you can convert multiple files at a time with this free software.

Incidentaly the Fraps avi play fine in Windows Media player.

If it was my choice however, I would probably use Windows Movie Maker to edit these files as they load there and play OK.

Nat