The easiest way to make DVDs using Dazzle and Debut

KaiserD2

OK, I have a Dazzle video-to-DVD device which works adequately but there are problems (running with Windows 7 and a pretty powerful computer.) For one, the audio has a tendency to cut out and you have to restart the computer to get it back. (Fortunately this doesn't happen during recordings.) For another, it won't make a DVD that fits a full-screen tv as far as I can see.

So I downloaded Debut and it immediately recognized Dazzle. The sound comes through fine when you record. You can pause, which is great. You can also widen the picture to fit full screen. I was not sure, however, what file type to specify. What I did was to record as an avi file, and then use Windows DVD maker to turn it into a DVD. It turned out this had two problems:

1. It takes a hell of a long time.

2. The quality was poor. Considerably worse than the tape I was working from. Just using dazzle would have given me a better picture.

Now it seems there is supposed to be a way to burn directly using Debut, but I can't find it. Also, the question is, what file type for output should I specify?

Thanks in advance for help.

DK

p.s. to the poster complaining about Dazzle sound--basically I think Dazzle has to be run without any other applications running to have confidence in it.