Free Version vs Professional, quick question

pyraetos

My trial edition has run out, and I'll gladly buy the professional edition if I could confirm ththis problem is coming from the free version.

I record a computer game with Debut, quality looks good (its the free version of Debut, too) and I'm ready to edit it with VideoPad, I crop off the ends and add an introduction, but when I save the movie, even if I choose 1080p, it looks pretty pixelly, this did not seem to happen when I was using the trial for professional, would purchasing the program fix the problem, or is it something else?

thanks!

Hi

I haven't used Debut but it would seem to be something connected with the resolution you recorded your film at. If this was low and you are "blowing it up" by resaving your sequence at HD 1080 using a larger frame size it may very well look more blocky.

Does Debut give you a choice of resolutions?

Nat

Hi

I haven't used Debut but it would seem to be something connected with the resolution you recorded your film at. If this was low and you are "blowing it up" by resaving your sequence at HD 1080 using a larger frame size it may very well look more blocky.

Does Debut give you a choice of resolutions?

Nat

Well I'm using Debut's screen capture option, it allows you to limit framerates but only the Device capture allows for you to switch resolutions,it just records the screen, pretty near perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am talking with support about this issue, and they have currrently tagged this as a h/w issue. Can anyone having this problem please post thier h/w specs on this forum so that thier techs and developers can see if there is something in commmon? Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I´ve got nearly the same problem: an output Quality, theat we would call "Ramsch" in Germany (Thats trash/garbage)

1. I make a video vith my camcorder, in HD 1080.

The video is clearly HD, quiete a good quality, if i open it (before working with it!) in Win Media Player.

2. I work on the video in Movie Pad Editor. I first wondered about the owfully low quality the viedeo has in the preview (Also pictures from a 10 Megapix. digicam!),

but I theougt preview is prwview, all will be fine when I save it.

3. I save the viedeo, now consisting of various clips (I tried with clips of the same quality as well as clips and pics in differrent

qualities.

I tell the video Editor to save in 1080 HD as a (.wmv) file.

4. first thing that´s suspect is the short time the computer needs to render the thing, clearly too short for HD.

secondly, the resulting (.wmv) file is much too small - much smaler even than the original file from my Cam, although is

*should* have the same quality / res.

When opening the file, I detect the reason for this: The video has been saved in just that Ramsch- quality it was in the preview.

Thats too bad, I don´t know how to save my work now. Are the past 3 hours "für die Katz" (that means lost/spend for nothing) ??

All I have is this trashy video not even woth the energy to throw it into the garbage.

PLEASE HELP!

No- one ist going to help me?

Well, if thats too bad, this program would be just perfect for me - not too simple and not too complicated - but if nobody

knows / wants to tell me, how to get a better output resolution and theres NO SUPPORT FOR FREE- USERS, i´ll have to look

for another free viedeo program, or more likely, buy one - BUT NOT THIS ONE, i´ve heared the trash- output- quality applies

also to the full version.

Greetings

and bye, if no-one responds soon.

Hi

The preview panes show your video in what seems to be a compressed format and they will always look blocky.

If you are saving to your PC (and playing back on your PC) my suggestion is to save it as an avi file. Click the "Save movie" tab and then "Computer/Data" option.

In the Preset option box, click the down arrow and select HD 1080. The defaults will show the resulting output file as .avi.

The avi files will play OK on your PC. (With a compatible player.)

If you save to DVD then VP will select the optimal format.

Don't forget to save your work as a project file....and don't delete your original clips/images.

I find it a good idea to test out any settings by saving any test videos to DVD RW disc.

VP will automatically wipe these when you make another test. In this way you can eventually settle on what works best for you.

Nat