Make movie process is succesful but DVD does not play

cmelega

I've been very happy with this software and have had some help getting the most use of it but have one last frustrating hurdle to clear.

Here are the details:

1) I captured several videos from youtube as .flv files

2) I converted them to .avi files using another tool (Prism)

3) I added them to Videopad, edited the the transtion with a nice crossfade between videos. Everything great.

4) I then added Bookmarks and made Chapters.

5) I then selected 'Save Movie' and choose 'Disc' and 'Make DVD Movie' with video format of NTSC

6) The entire process appeared to complete succesfully. (except at end where the DVD popped out during the "verifying burn" process and prompted me to close door at which time it completed successfully)

7) I then put the DVD into my Denon DVD 1910 unit and received the following error: Disc Error - Playback Feature may not be available on this Disk

Here some things I tried and other facts:

1) Other DVD's which I had burned using Nero play fine

2) I burned using Verbatim DVD-R 16x DVD's and some generic Staples 4X DVD-RW DVD's. Same error in both attempts

3) Some of the videos where actually converted to .avu using different software on a different machine so I burned a DVD with just videos (.avi files) captured and converted on my new system.

4) The DVD plays fine when running from any laptop.

5) Just for kicks, I ran a DVD laser clean utility to no avail.

I appreciate anyone that can help. Is it possible there is a setting or option I am missing during the burn process?

Thanks greatly,

Charlie

one other note on this issue; I went to another system that had Nero 9 on it and was able to succesfully burn a DVD using the same Disk that failed with VideoPad so I beleive I can rule out the actual disk.

Looking for any thoughts from anyone.

Maybe it's a CODEC issue? Something may be occurring where the format the video is saved to is not in a recognizable format?

Help!

• 2 weeks later...