Problem with Wavepad.

Guest critter333294

Guest critter333294

I'm having a problem with wavepad. It wont allow me to save my files. Once I get to window for saving mp3's and choosing the bitrate, encoding, etc. it just gives me a message saying "Unable to create file for saving". Does anyone know what's up or why it wont let me save, and anything I can do about this? Thanks.

It does allow me to save as a wav file, but i'd prefer mp3, and i'm not sure what the equivalent of the setting for an mp3 file would be with a wav file.

Were you EVER able to save in MP3 format? That is, is this a NEW problem, or have you NEVER been able to save in MP3 format? If the later, have you downloaded the WAV-to-MP3 converter? Usually the first time you try to save in MP3 format, you are prompted to download the free converter, which then installs itself, and you never have to install it again.

You can manually download the installer from here:

http://www.nch.com.au/components/mp3el.exe

Just download it to your desktop, and double-click on it. It will find your WavePad folder and install the needed components.

Jerry

Were you EVER able to save in MP3 format?  That is, is this a NEW problem, or have you NEVER been able to save in MP3 format?  If the later, have you downloaded the WAV-to-MP3 converter?  Usually the first time you try to save in MP3 format, you are prompted to download the free converter, which then installs itself, and you never have to install it again.

You can manually download the installer from here:

http://www.nch.com.au/components/mp3el.exe

Just download it to your desktop, and double-click on it.  It will find your WavePad folder and install the needed components.

Jerry

I have saved a lot of things as mp3 format. This is a new problem for me, but i'll try the installer and see if it works.