Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andres

Convert to play on car CD

Guest Andres

I have a Toyota Camry 2005 with the standard radio/CD player. What file extension do I need to make my CD's to be able to play them? Did a set on MP3 extension and did not work. :( Thank you for any help.

What software are you using to create the CD? I use Roxio after I have converted or downloaded the mp3 files, then I create the CD uning the "Music CD" settings not the MP3 settings. This works fine for most CD players (I did run across a CD player in a car that would not play a burned CD - had to be commercial only!).

I believe most CD players use the .wav format for their music.

Hope this helps. :-)

Guest Guest

Did you find an answer to this problem? I also have a Camry and can't get it to play any CDs I make unless I make them in real time-

I want something quicker and I don't know how to do it- I also don't know which format is right-

Guest shane

i think u have to have an after market cd player if u dont have one and are planning on getting one make sure u ask the sales rep if it can play burned cds