opening mp3 files

gregjcase

Hi gregjcase:

When I first tested WavePad, this is something that absolutely astounded me. I tested it on several different machines, including a Win95 box with 32MB of RAM. My jaw dropped when it installed and ran perfectly. I loaded a one-hour MP3, and it loaded -- very slowly -- but it loaded and I could manipulate the functions.

If it turns out your MP3s really ARE corrupt, you may be able to repair them with this tool:

http://www.drtag.de/en/description_mp3rt.htm

Good luck.

Jerry

More on Large Files:

I think I've found the point at which WavePad chokes. I had occasion to work on a two-hour file today. I couldn't "play" any sections where I placed the cursor beyond 1 hour 41 minutes into the program, unless I placed the cursor EARLIER than 1:41 and let it play through uninterrupted.

Actual editing and applying effects anywhere seemed to be unaffected by this mystery "wall" -- it's just that I couldn't hear what I was editing.

Win2K, Pentium 4@2GHz, 522MB RAM

Jerry

• 2 months later...
Guest Keyzor
More on Large Files:

I think I've found the point at which WavePad chokes.  I had occasion to work on a two-hour file today.  I couldn't "play" any sections where I placed the cursor beyond 1 hour 41 minutes into the program, unless I placed the cursor EARLIER than 1:41 and let it play through uninterrupted.

Actual editing and applying effects anywhere seemed to be unaffected by this mystery "wall" -- it's just that I couldn't hear what I was editing.

Win2K, Pentium 4@2GHz, 522MB RAM

Jerry

I have the same problem at 1 hour 41 minutes. If I leave it alone it will play, but if I move it around, it repeats. Is there any solution to this yet? I am breaking up a 7 hour file.

Guest Keyzor

Maybe this has been covered, but what I'm going to do is break my file up into 1 hour and 30 minute intervals and go from there. If i cut into the middle of something, I'll just redo the section. Good Luck everyone. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest brandalini
We are going to support long file in WavePad in the next release of WavePad. So please keep an eye on our website  :)

Do you know when the newest version (supporting long files) will be released?

does this problem also occur in the master's edition?

thx in advance

Matt

haha - yea same thing happened to me - i miraculously stumbled upon this excellent program today and downloaded it to cut up a long mp3 file which is over 2 1/2 hours long and indeed i got up to 1 hr and 41 min and it keeps playing from the start but as someone said a couple of posts ago, if u just play it from before 1 hr 41 min then it plays as normal - even if I cut any amount of file from before it it still happens - ..........i just had a brain storm - i will try to cut the track before 1hr 41 min and then save it then re-open it - that may work - i will post results !!