I Can't Get it To Work

p-argent

Please Help,

I am trying to run live streaming on my computer. When I first tested Broadwave I was told that I needed to set up port forwarding on my router. I did this exactly how they told me to do it and then I also set up firewall to allow BroadWave. However, even with port forwarding set up and the firewall on my computer allowing the Broadwave port I still get the same fail message. It is pretty frustrating when I click help and it tells me to do exactly what I have already done.

First question - should my local network ip be the same as my public network?

Does anybody know what I can do next? It sounds like a lot of people have this problem. But I haven't found an answer that works yet.

Thanks,

p

Please Help,

I am trying to run live streaming on my computer. When I first tested Broadwave I was told that I needed to set up port forwarding on my router. I did this exactly how they told me to do it and then I also set up firewall to allow BroadWave. However, even with port forwarding set up and the firewall on my computer allowing the Broadwave port I still get the same fail message. It is pretty frustrating when I click help and it tells me to do exactly what I have already done.

First question - should my local network ip be the same as my public network?

Does anybody know what I can do next? It sounds like a lot of people have this problem. But I haven't found an answer that works yet.

Thanks,

p

[/quote

I am trying to do an online radio station with this software and FINALLY got it to work. I found out that it works even though the error message still exists. I spent days trying to get the software to say network configured correctly and decided to finally make sure all my network info is correct, tested it and it works. Meanwhile, it still says I need to check router configuration. smh. With that being said, make sure all of your settings are correct. Local and public IP is NOT the same. Go to myipaddy.com to get your public ip address. I am using a DSL modem with a linksys wireless router. On the modem I setup NAT port forwarding with 88 to 88, base port 88 and the wireless router port forwarding 88 to 88 with to the Static IP of the pc. In the software I have it configured in the local network section as port 88 with the local PC IP address and the public network section with the public ip address. Again, just go to myipaddy.com to get that. Even though it gives me an error. I have been able to stream.

Now I am trying to figure out how I can stream 1 or 2 callers in to talk with the music like a radio station with them being in different locations. Phone conferencing or something? Hit me up djundergroundatl@gmail.com if you need somebody to test it with you. Also, once they get to your site, just have them to hit the black play button under the set of links. Clicking the links do not work for me.

Thanks,

I actually tried that about an hour ago. I wanted to test it out just in case and it worked. I am streaming live in Wyoming and my family in Missouri was able to hear it about 5 seconds afterwards. They should tell you about that flaw when you get the program. I spent a day and a half trying to figure out what to do with my router and firewall trying to get it to work only to find out that it was working all along.

I usually figure things out very quickly but this one took me forever.

Thanks,

I actually tried that about an hour ago. I wanted to test it out just in case and it worked. I am streaming live in Wyoming and my family in Missouri was able to hear it about 5 seconds afterwards. They should tell you about that flaw when you get the program. I spent a day and a half trying to figure out what to do with my router and firewall trying to get it to work only to find out that it was working all along.

I usually figure things out very quickly but this one took me forever.

I DEFINITELY understand? Would you know how to get 1 or 2 people to talk over this stream if they are in different locations? I guess like conferencing or something? That's my next issue...