Problems getting Broadwave to stream

djunderground32

Ok, the setup.. DSL Motorola 2210-02 modem with Linksys WRT54G wireless router. With all firewalls disabled, I have tried numerous of combinations but have found that if I set port forwarding on the linksys only as 88 to 88, TCP, with the computer's ip address where the software resides and configure broadwave in the public network option with the public ip address of the modem, the software SOMETIMES says its configured correctly. However, when I try to access the internet to send the link to a friend for testing, I can't access the internet as well as the link does not work. I have managed to hear the stream in the local network from another computer here but how do I get it out to the internet world for others to listen and be able to surf the web from the house as well? I know using the public ip address is a no no because it changes btu it was the only way I was able to get some type of positive result... NEED HELP!!!!!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

From your description, it's unclear what the problem is, though running Broadwave should not interfere with normal web browsing.

From what you are saying, perhaps you are trying to connect to broadwave from a PC on your local network using the public IP address - this will only work if you router/modem supports "NAT loopback" - and many home routers don't.

Have a read of some of my earlier posts about port forwarding , NAT and so on, and come back and let us know exactly what works and doesn't.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

From your description, it's unclear what the problem is, though running Broadwave should not interfere with normal web browsing.

From what you are saying, perhaps you are trying to connect to broadwave from a PC on your local network using the public IP address - this will only work if you router/modem supports "NAT loopback" - and many home routers don't.

Have a read of some of my earlier posts about port forwarding , NAT and so on, and come back and let us know exactly what works and doesn't.

Ive read multiple posts but can't seem to get it working. I registered dyndns but which IP should I use? I am beyond frustrated with this.... I am behind 2 routers... The Motorola 2210-02 Modem and a linksys WRT54G wireless router. For the Motorola my setting are set to, UPNP enabled, NAT enabled with ports 88-88, base port 80. Firewalls are off. For the linksys router, the settings are UPNP enabled, Port forwarding enabled on 88-88 with IP address of the PC where the software resides. DMZ is on. Firewall is disabled. I used a port checker and it says the port is open on another device and it can ping the router.

Ok, I have DDNS service enable with Dyndns.org's info in my Linksys router. I registered a domain using the public address. I also placed that domain name in the domain field of the linksys. When I save the settings I run a test and it says the network is configured correctly and I can browse the internet normally. But broadwave will give me the network error and needs to be configured message soon after that. Is it because of the public address and if so, what address should I use?

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like port forwarding on the router is not directing incoming requests to the broadwave server. If it works internally, then the broadwave PC is ok.

From outside your network, try it first with your public IP address and the correct port number. Once you get that working, you can use DNS to substitute the domain name stuff instead. It's difficult to tell which bit isn't working, so that should separate it into two steps.

It sounds like port forwarding on the router is not directing incoming requests to the broadwave server. If it works internally, then the broadwave PC is ok.

From outside your network, try it first with your public IP address and the correct port number. Once you get that working, you can use DNS to substitute the domain name stuff instead. It's difficult to tell which bit isn't working, so that should separate it into two steps.

Thanks Kena. It actually works now but I think there is a glitch in the software where it continues to tell you that router configuration needs to be done when it actually works. I am using the IP links and would like to use a domain name instead. I registered a domain with the public IP through Dyndns.com and turned on DDNS in my router using Dyndns service with the domain name. On the software I set it to use the domain name instead of the IP, but when I go to use the domain name rootradio.info it does not work. Internally and of course externally. Any suggestions?

The address should be in a similar format to this

yourdomainname:88/broadwave.asx?src=1&kbps=16

replace "yournamedomain" with your full domain name and change the port number if its not 88,also change the last 2 numbers to the bitrate you have your stream set for.

Note add http:// to the start of the above address as when i include it it does not show the full addrees on this forum for some reason and there is no www.at start of the address

Thanks Kena. It actually works now but I think there is a glitch in the software where it continues to tell you that router configuration needs to be done when it actually works. I am using the IP links and would like to use a domain name instead. I registered a domain with the public IP through Dyndns.com and turned on DDNS in my router using Dyndns service with the domain name. On the software I set it to use the domain name instead of the IP, but when I go to use the domain name rootradio.info it does not work. Internally and of course externally. Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

My broadwave is streaming but gets knocked off line every day and i have to re-post the link to the stream on my website as the IP keeps changing daily. I have a spare domain name that I do not use so was going to use it in the configuration box where it says "use a domain name" and not auto or static IP. what do i need to do about this, do i need to speak to the company who supplied the domain and get the "DNS" sorted in some way. I am ok on a PC but this is beyond me! Anyone help?

• 1 month later...

My broadwave is streaming but gets knocked off line every day and i have to re-post the link to the stream on my website as the IP keeps changing daily. I have a spare domain name that I do not use so was going to use it in the configuration box where it says "use a domain name" and not auto or static IP. what do i need to do about this, do i need to speak to the company who supplied the domain and get the "DNS" sorted in some way. I am ok on a PC but this is beyond me! Anyone help?

You could either ask your ISP for a fixed IP address, or sign up to a service like dyndns.com.