File sound after transferring file - express dictate

daro346

I have downloaded Express Dictate to my computer (Winxp professional). I am able to record and hear the playback. I transferred it to my assistant who uses Express Scribe. When I play it back using Express Scribe the recording is very faint. I've used the iPhone app to record and I don't experience these problems. I purchased a separate microphone to plug into the microphone port on my pc.

Any suggestions?

thank

dave

• 11 months later...

same problem here. Have 3 speechmikes 5272's. Have worked fine for over a year. Just upgraded one machine to a new windows 7 from xp. now, even though the wav file sounds fine during playback on the speechmike, after i transmit it to the typist, the volume there is extremely low. what gives with that???

It would be really nice if one of the IT experts from NCH would comment or offer some suggestions on this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

same problem here. Have 3 speechmikes 5272's. Have worked fine for over a year. Just upgraded one machine to a new windows 7 from xp. now, even though the wav file sounds fine during playback on the speechmike, after i transmit it to the typist, the volume there is extremely low. what gives with that???

It would be really nice if one of the IT experts from NCH would comment or offer some suggestions on this problem.

Have downloaded and installed the latest update of ED 5.53 on each of my machines, both xp and win 7 64. A few nice fixes and updates to the user interface. The low-volume problem seems to have been corrected since installing this update. Playback of the .wav file is consistent on the workstation as well as on the network.

now if I can just figure out a way to get my new DNS version 11.5 to work with my electronic medical record, I will be all set!