registration problems

Guest Joe

I purchased an IMS on-hold player v. 3.05 registration and ID key on 29 Jul 2005. Due to other problems, I am just now trying to register today (25 Oct 2005), but registration will not work with my ID key.

I haven't previously registered the software on a different computer, and I have carefully checked the spelling and capitalization on the registration details multiple times.

Does the ID key expire? If so, do I need to purchase a full version again?

Is it possible you have installed it on another PC?

I did previously install the software demo on my desktop PC in order to evaluate it. However, I never registered that software.

I am now trying to register the software on a different PC that will be installed in the telephone equipment room at my workplace.

Even if I never registered the demo version, is the ID key still specific to the PC I demoed it on?

I did previously install the software demo on my desktop PC in order to evaluate it. However, I never registered that software.

I am now trying to register the software on a different PC that will be installed in the telephone equipment room at my workplace.

Even if I never registered the demo version, is the ID key still specific to the PC I demoed it on?

Maybe contact support through the www.nch.com.au/support (Purchasing and Registering Support) and they can check your key.

• 7 months later...
Guest Bodincus
I purchased an IMS on-hold player v. 3.05 registration and ID key on 29 Jul 2005. Due to other problems, I am just now trying to register today (25 Oct 2005), but registration will not work with my ID key.

I haven't previously registered the software on a different computer, and I have carefully checked the spelling and capitalization on the registration details multiple times.

Does the ID key expire? If so, do I need to purchase a full version again?

Yes, the key DO expire (has the date encrypted in it). To (re) install any NCH software, before entering the registration key you must set your computer date / time back to at most a week after the key was released.

After the software is positively registered, you can reset the date/time properly.

It happened to me: I had to reinstall the operating system and the whole set of applications on the same machine, and it won't accept the original key.

I tried to set the clock back to the date I received the confirnation email with the code and - hey presto - all went through.

• 2 weeks later...