I have done everything correct for port forwarding but nothing

ileansolutions

Hi everyone, I have installed Broadwave Streaming Audio Server and have done (I think) everything correctly but it's not working from outside my network. I have viewed the help videos (which are really great) like 4 or 5 times each, but nothing. I have even viewed the specific instructions to my router WRT160N and nothing!

I'm on my fourth hour and still can't get this to work. I love challenges but this one is beyond me, please help.

I have disabled my Windows XP firewall, I have ESET antivirus and created a rule to allow Broadwave through and still nothing, I even tried disabling my antivirus all together. My IP is static.

One thing that I can say, is that I have 29 IP addresses from Verizon, and I assigned one of those to my router, and then I guess my router assigns a static IP to each computer inside my network, does this have anything to do with it, and if it does, how can I solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards

Hello,

If you can run Broadwave on a PC in your internal network and listen on a second PC on the internal network, then everything on the PC running Broadwave is ok.

Your router needs to forward the port you are using (e.g. port 88) to the internal IP address of the Broadwave PC. Ideally this should be a static address.

If the router supports NAT Loopback, then simply use the second PC to connect to your public address and the same port number. If it doesn't support NAT Loopback, you'll need to get a friend to try it from outside your local network.

If that doesn't work, double-check the IP address used, and also the port forwarding on the router. If your router has a logging function, you should enable full logging and see if your friend's incoming request is received or not, and if so, whether the request is forwarded to the correct PC.