Cannot get past router

manneringmedia

Hi,

I have installed Broadwave and followed all the instructions correctly (I think), but i just cannot get past my router.

I can hear my broadcasts on all the computers linked into the router in my home (4).

I have run the program PFPortchecker, it says everything is fine.

I have run the Broadwave test wizard and it tells me that my UPnP is not activated on my router, however; i have checked my router settings and it tells me that UPnP is activated.

My router is a Belkin F5D8236-4, i am running windows Vista an the server PC.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ian,

You don't need uPnP, as you just manually configure up the router, either by defining a service and a firewall rule for incoming traffic, or port forwarding, dependent upon the router.

But, it's possible your router doesn't support NAT Loopback, which means you cannot use your public IP address from within your local network. If that's the case, you need to ask a friend to try to connect from outside. PFPortchecker may be checking from outside and that will indicate it works.

Hi KenA,

Thank you for the reply, but i am now up and running.

You were right...i did do a manual config and that solved the problem.

Cheers,

Ian.

Hello Ian,

You don't need uPnP, as you just manually configure up the router, either by defining a service and a firewall rule for incoming traffic, or port forwarding, dependent upon the router.

But, it's possible your router doesn't support NAT Loopback, which means you cannot use your public IP address from within your local network. If that's the case, you need to ask a friend to try to connect from outside. PFPortchecker may be checking from outside and that will indicate it works.