Modem compatability

Guest Guest_Dave_*

Guest Guest_Dave_*

The Ambient CLM DFV PCI internal 56K modem (MD5620DT) did NOT work with Windows XP. Simulation mode works, but a real call does not (the outgoing voice is scrambled). I suspect this is due to the CLM drivers. These have an issue date of 2000 and claim to be compatible with Windows 2000. I installed this modem in a Windows 98 (SE) PC with the Win98 drivers and it works as expected. We are using this modem in the interin, but are looking for a modem that will work with Windows XP. I will report back with results.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Dave_*
The Ambient CLM DFV PCI internal 56K modem (MD5620DT) did NOT work with Windows XP. Simulation mode works, but a real call does not (the outgoing voice is scrambled). I suspect this is due to the CLM drivers. These have an issue date of 2000 and claim to be compatible with Windows 2000. I installed this modem in a Windows 98 (SE) PC with the Win98 drivers and it works as expected. We are using this modem in the interin, but are looking for a modem that will work with Windows XP. I will report back with results.

UPDATE

I purchased a Zoom internal PCI 56K V.92 Model 3025 as this modems voice mail support was reported to work well. It was installed in the Win XP machine and all functions do work, except that the chipset (Lucent) does not support CallerID, so we cannot use it.

Still looking for a modem that will work the way we want it to. I will report back again, hopefully.

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest_Paul_*
UPDATE

I purchased a Zoom internal PCI 56K V.92 Model 3025 as this modems voice mail support was reported to work well. It was installed in the Win XP machine and all functions do work, except that the chipset (Lucent) does not support CallerID, so we cannot use it.

Still looking for a modem that will work the way we want it to. I will report back again, hopefully.

I have that modem installed on my WinXP machine - however when the phone rings, it picks up the call - but the caller canot hear anything - and there are no responces to any keys being pressed on the phone.

May I ask how you got it to work and email me: paul@paulwhittle.com

Thanks very much