Not able to get past the router tests...

thebulldoggy

Okay, let me start off by saying it is 1:24am here and I am tired and frustrated. I have been working at this for 5 hours.

I downloaded BroadWave,as well as BroadCam to put on the website for the online radio station I am starting up. I have been playing around with different kinds of streaming software and I REALLY like BroadWave; however, I would like it better if I could get it working outside of my house! As soon as I do, I will throw the links on my soon to be completed website so the world can know about NCH Software!

Here is what I have done so far and here is what is happening. It plays my music and streams it perfectly via WMP ONLY from any computer in my house. If someone from outside my house tries to access it via the links on my website, it says 'page cannot be displayed'. Now, when I do the connection test in the BroadWave software, it says to configure my 'port forwarding' on my router (D-Link DIR 615 Ver.E) to 192.168.0.102 using port 88 (same IP addy but Port 86 for the BroadCam software). I have done this and no luck, it says 'connection to port 88 has failed'. I have called D-Link the first time and they took me into the firewall settings and had me enable on 'DMZ Host'. He told me this would open ALL the ports on my router and it would work. So I did it...and guess what?! It didn't work. So I played with it some more trying more things and no luck. So I call D-Link again and explain everything to him and he says "What is the IP Address for the BroadWave software?'. I told him I had no idea. He said that we need that address to open the ports on the router. So I am on another journey to find it.

I read a few other posts on here and tried that website www.ipaddy.com to see what my personal IP is here, and I changed that in my router settings, as well as in the BroadWave software. Still no luck! So therefore, I am turning to everyone here for help. I don't know what to do next, and I don't know what the heck that D-Link dude is talking about for the software IP Address. I am sure if I can get this BroadWave working, then the BroadCam will be easy as pie to get working also.

Please anyone and everyone help me, when it comes to getting this working I am 'dying from starvation' if you catch my drift. I am about to go to bed but I hope to see some replies and maybe 'the cure' to this dilemma when I get up.

MANY thanks to everyone who rescues me!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased the Broadwave Software and was completely happy with it. Then one day, after a power failure or network issue (i dont remember which).. I have tried everything, firewalls, router config, port checking, port changing and STILL cannot get past the TEST that says "test connection to port ... Failed" It's driving me insane! Someone help PLEASE! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Your external IP address probably changed so you need to find out your current ip address by going to www.ipaddy.com and then update the link with the new ip address for your web feed.

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased the Broadwave Software and was completely happy with it. Then one day, after a power failure or network issue (i dont remember which).. I have tried everything, firewalls, router config, port checking, port changing and STILL cannot get past the TEST that says "test connection to port ... Failed" It's driving me insane! Someone help PLEASE! Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I have a similar issue with my DSL router. I'm given to understand from the router manufacturer and AT&T (cursed be their names) that the router is set up in the firmware so that the NAT loopback is disabled and you can't get to your own public IP address (i.e. you can't do things like ping your own fixed IP address). Basically this is to make it difficult for you, and to keep you from doing just what you are trying to do, set up a server at home.

Go to your nearest BarStucks (or Query-nos, etc.), order their cheapest item and user their internet connection to try your streaming service connection. I've got both Broadcam and Broadwave setup, but neither can test the internet connection from within the home network; yet both work just fine.

One other issue you will face is the upload speed limitations of your ISP. I have the DSL Ultra (~750Mbps) and I've had several service calls over to make sure I get the maximum on my connection speeds. I can send multiple audio streams all day long with no problems. The video streaming is another matter. If I buffer 30 seconds of video and play the stream, I can go for about 3.75 minutes before the buffer is exhausted and I have to wait for it to refill. I'm not really sure why this is as I work with our church to do a streaming service (using a Tricaster Pro system from NewTek) over the same type of internet connection and we can stream a signal for well over an hour without buffering problems (if you can believe our parishioners) :). It is possible my server simply can't pump out the data fast enough, though I would doubt that as I have plenty of horse power for all my other tasks.

I hope this helps you (even though it doesn't contain a good solution).