Repeat lines

Guest Bridget

• 3 years later...

Hi Bridget,

I have managed to enter these repeat lines by, after entering the numbers 1 and 2 above the bars. In 'Edit Mode' select the 'Text Tool' again and place the horizontal and vertical dotted lines where you want the lines to start, ie above and start of the bar, click to set these dotted lines and an 'Edit Text' screen will appear. Now, press and hold the 'Shift' key whilst depressing the 'Underscore' key several times until you have the right length,this is by trial and error unfortuntely, press 'Set' or 'Enter'.

The length of these lines can be adjusted, whilst still in 'Edit Mode' and 'Text tool' selected, by placing the cursor on the line and clicking when it turns orange, the 'Edit Text' screen will appear again, now with a thick blue line. Click on this blue line and the thinner black line will appear, you can now either increase or decrease in the normal way.

So much for the horizontal lines, havn't managed the vertical lines yet.

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Bridget,

If you just want repeat bar lines (with two dots beside the bar line at either end of a repeated passage), then right-click on the bar lines where you want them and choose 'Begin Repeat', 'End Repeat', or 'Double Repeat'.

Alex

• 5 years later...

If you want to repeat the bar immediately preceding, but want to save space, you can use the symbol which is two diagonal lines with one dot above and one dot below, which means 'play this bar exactly the same as the one before it'.  These are the steps required:

1. left click on the bar where you want to put the symbol for 'Repeat Previous Bar';
2. right click on the bar - that opens up a drop-down menu;
3. left click on 'Repeat one bar' - and the symbol is inserted in the bar.

HTH,

JackE

• 9 months later...
On 1/28/2014 at 10:27 PM, Guest Alex Chapman said:

Hi Bridget,

If you just want repeat bar lines (with two dots beside the bar line at either end of a repeated passage), then right-click on the bar lines where you want them and choose 'Begin Repeat', 'End Repeat', or 'Double Repeat'.

Alex

Hi Mike Fiacre51,

the above answer was posted by Alex some time back.  HTH,

Jack

2 hours ago, Mike Fiacre51 said:

I can do that but if you want the repeat to start from the first bar of a line of stave, I can't see how to do this.

Oh, I'm with you.  Right, how I did it was like this:

1.  go to the first bar line in the piece (for the moment, ignore the notes between the time sig. and that first bar line);
2. right click on that bar line, and use the options to make it 'Start Repeat';
3. insert an additional bar in between the 'Start Repeat' sign and the notes of the second bar;
4. copy the notes between the time sig. and the 'Start Repeat' sign;
5. paste them into your new bar after the 'Start Repeat' sign;
6. delete those notes from between the time sig. and the 'Start Repeat' sign;
7. drag the 'Start Repeat' sign back to the time sig.

I don't know if that's the official way to do it, but I just tried it and it worked okay.

HTH,
Jack

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...