Software stops working

jdpjamesp

My wife has recently purchased the 3 button pedal and downloaded Express Scribe to use with it. On the whole all is working well, but quite frequently the pedal just stops working. No matter what you do you get no response when buttons are pressed. We have tried unplugging the USB and reconnecting and restarting the software. Sadly the only solution is to restart the PC. This is quite wearing. It's very intermittent and we haven't established a pattern for it. The machine is running Windows XP, fully up to date with fixes.

No matter what you do you get no response when buttons are pressed. We have tried unplugging the USB and reconnecting and restarting the software. Sadly the only solution is to restart the PC.

When the pedals stop working, are you still able to control playback using the mouse or keyboard?

Do the pedals start working if you run the "Controller Setup Wizard" again, without restarting the PC or Scribe?

Would you like to test your pedals with Pedable, to see if the problem lies in Express Scribe or somewhere else?

When the pedals stop working, are you still able to control playback using the mouse or keyboard?

Do the pedals start working if you run the "Controller Setup Wizard" again, without restarting the PC or Scribe?

Would you like to test your pedals with Pedable, to see if the problem lies in Express Scribe or somewhere else?

I'm having the same problem but it does not start working when I restart anyone have any further suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions - I will ask my wife to try these things.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Just got an Asus, Windows 7 64-bit. When I'm multitasking, switching windows, typing, mousing, footpedalling, my foot pedal will freeze and I also have to restart. Didn't have this problem with XP. Just found thread so will have to also try the suggestions above. Don't see that there is a driver update. Pedals are supposed to be compatible with Windows 7. I have an IN-USB-2 and an IN-USB-1, same problem with both. Foot pedal is plugged directly into USB, not through a hub.

Okay, the answer to these questions is no. When this happens, Express Scribe is no longer active via mouse or keyboard and using the setup wizard does not work either. I have also tried unplugging the foot pedal and closing express scribe and plugging the foot pedal in again and opening express scribe and running the wizard. I have also tried reinstalling express scribe. The only thing that works is restarting my entire system, which takes time and decreases productivity.