Re-registration fails after XP rebuild

joalf

I purchased IVM 5.03 a few years ago and used it successfully on this Windows XP computer (SP3). I had to rebuild the XP system. I then reinstalled the IVM program from the original CD and, then when attempting to register the program using the registration information (name, location & key), the program responded that this data was not valid for the current version of IVM. I was then sent to pay to upgrade to a more recent version. My name is Joal Fischer and location is Charlotte NC 28203. My license number ends in *038 and the registration key begins with 286... I don't believe I need to upgrade anything--I'm using the original version from the original CD and entering the original registration data. Please help me solve the problem so I can begin using this program again as soon as possible. If it's possible to check my previous registration to email me directly, I'd appreciate it so this question doesn't get lost in this forum. Thanks so much. -- Joal

P.S. This other issue may or may not be related to the lack of re-registration of this program, but the program at this time answers the phone, waits to play the message at the correct number of rings, then identifies the modem and says it's playing the message and immediately indicates the call is disconnected. It really doesn't play the message and it really doesn't hang up--it just recycles this series of behavior. The simulator works just fine (answering with a my new message and branching as instructed). Is this just a behavior because I've yet to activate the program or is this another issue? Thanks so much.

Thank you for your quick reply. I thought that it was drivers as indicated in the instruction book, but then it hit me that I could partially solve the problem by going to an old backup and installing old downloaded version 4.11 . The registration key worked for that, but not for version 5.03 that came on my CD that I purchased. My voice modem also worked perfectly with version 4.11 but not with the newer version found on the CD you sent to me.

I'm very cautious here because I remember reading at the time I purchased all these programs that other people had similar experiences with the IVM version 5.03 . I also am now having problems re-registering my purchased WordPad (noted on that forum) with the key and password given to me.

Thanks so much for your time.-- Joal