OGM Silent through Phone

johncdaley

The OGM is not audible through the phone when IVM answers a call although the on screen log says it is being played. The caller's incoming message does come through and gets recorded, which seems to indicate that the TAPI file(s) have been installed properly. All the relevant items in the Troubleshooting and Telephony Hardware sections of the manual have been checked out. The Default OGM has been played through the speakers from the location that appears in the on screen log.

Has anyone else had this problem and maybe even resolved it?

I am using version 4.22 under XP pro. with a Multimodem MT5656ZDX. And, yes, it is a voice modem, selected from the NCH recommended list and installed with the latest drivers downloaded from the manufacturor's web site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a very similar setup I am also using XPSP3 and A Multitech MT5656ZDX-v Modem. I've tested the modem in windows with voice and audio capabilities working. I have even had Multitech support verify the modem is a voice modem connected and working properly in XP. See the following:

{{Name: Jeff Kline Company:Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. Reason Pending: Requesting More Information

Description: Hi;

No; you do not need to upgrade any firmware. The modem is working fine. I would recommend contacting this company for support on their software. I'm sorry but we do not provide support on user software.

Cheers;

Jeff} Ticket number 5026242}

The modem is seen in the IVM software I'm running version 5.04. It picks up the call but no outgoing message is heard. I cannot hear it on the pc speakers or the call dialed into the software. The call simulator seems to work fine. There are Three choices under the 'Audio' option Intel integrated, Default sound out, and Modem#1 line playback. Currently I have selected the intel option. I look forward to hearing back from anyone who can assist in getting this software to work. I've used older versions in the past and it IS great IF you can get it to work. I wish it had support, such a shame.

Hi, QCBN.

I never did get a resolution to the problem. The best "support" I could get was that NCH doesn't actually recommend the use of any make of voice modem with IVM So, what I did was: I upgraded to 5.04 and I trashed the modem and went for VoiP. And I bought a support package, which went against the grain because I have always felt that when you buy a software package you should at least get enough support with it to get the thing working!

VioP wasn't a walk in the park to get up and running but I did eventually succeed and now that it is working, it seems to do so very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a fatal flaw in the NCH drivers affecting all Windows versions beyond XP and all IVM versions beyond 4.x. The sound is routed to the PC speakers instead of the modem line by mistake. NCH was notified of this last year but is not offering any fix. It appears they are abandoning the product altogether.