Several problems

Cornflake

Ok, I have the full version of debut.

I'll explain what I use it for, hopefully this will help in some way.

I often work away and wanted a solution for security on my house and garage. As I work from home the rest of the time, I spend a lot of time working either over private VPN or using logmein.

The first of my problems is quality, when on the PC with the cameras plugged in and Debut on I can happily get 30 fps at full quality 640x480.

However, when using VPN or logmein this quality is massively reduced! 6fps, incredibly bad quality despite what I try with the settings.

The other issue is the scheduled recordings. When I can access the PC remotely I use the schedule to cover those times at 30 minute sections (for easier downloading). But, even though Debut starts when scheduled, it just keeps recording all day and night in 30 min sections. I've even turned off the maximum record time yet it's still doing this.

I have to say I feel a little bit ripped off.

Thanks.

Hello Cornflake, first of all I'd like to say that this forum isn't very active. I've seen postings made in the ice age that haven't been replied to. :unsure:

What version are you using. I'm using V 1.49 which I must say works very well apart from the Run External Exe feature which won't work with WinMail for auto emailing clips.

How do you upload, as v 1.49 doesn't have the ftp and email features that the earlier versions had?

I don't know why they're not included now.

Regards

Kimaro

Hi Kimaro

I'm using the latest version. To view the files, I either watch online or transfer via VPN on Hamachi.

As I say, the quality when using the PC itself is fine, but SERIOUSLY low when remotely accessing.

And yep, I've also noticed that for a support forum there's a lack of support!

• 2 months later...
Guest N.C.H a.n

Ok, I have the full version of debut.

I'll explain what I use it for, hopefully this will help in some way.

I often work away and wanted a solution for security on my house and garage. As I work from home the rest of the time, I spend a lot of time working either over private VPN or using logmein.

The first of my problems is quality, when on the PC with the cameras plugged in and Debut on I can happily get 30 fps at full quality 640x480.

However, when using VPN or logmein this quality is massively reduced! 6fps, incredibly bad quality despite what I try with the settings.

The other issue is the scheduled recordings. When I can access the PC remotely I use the schedule to cover those times at 30 minute sections (for easier downloading). But, even though Debut starts when scheduled, it just keeps recording all day and night in 30 min sections. I've even turned off the maximum record time yet it's still doing this.

I have to say I feel a little bit ripped off.

Thanks.

Hi,

When using things like logmein or vpn the framerate will be almost useless because your computer is sending the screen accross the network via the internet.

For this reason generally the screen is streamed at lower colour settings than when your sitting in front of the computer.

With the schedule if you schedule the software to do 30minute recordings, that is what it will do. 30 minute recordings. Setting a max time out won't have any effect unless the recording is set to go over the maximum recording time.

Because you've set 30 minute chunks, the timeout won't be hit.

Thankyou

To do what you want to do, eyeline may be better as you can then connect to the web interface to see the recordings rather than using remote desktop software.