Age Debters Report

warpyb1

Email sent to NCH regarding an Age debtors report as there is no way of seeing a correct simple up todate balance view....

Mick

Dear Team,

I need to know if we are able to produce the following report

A statement for a specific customer, showing the outstanding balance and the associated invoices against that balance.

Currently the statements that the system produces is a transaction list opposed to a list of currently outstanding invoices.

It is important that we have a statement report that we can send off to our clients on a monthly bases.

Please can you let me know if we can get this sorted ASAP ?

Also I have paid for telephone support and I don’t seem to have a number for you please can you confirm this back when you reply to this email.

Many thank s

Mick Sheehan,

Email sent to NCH regarding an Age debtors report as there is no way of seeing a correct simple up todate balance view....

Mick

Dear Team,

I need to know if we are able to produce the following report

A statement for a specific customer, showing the outstanding balance and the associated invoices against that balance.

Currently the statements that the system produces is a transaction list opposed to a list of currently outstanding invoices.

It is important that we have a statement report that we can send off to our clients on a monthly bases.

Please can you let me know if we can get this sorted ASAP ?

Also I have paid for telephone support and I don’t seem to have a number for you please can you confirm this back when you reply to this email.

Many thank s

Mick Sheehan,

I created a statements for a customer. It shows Invoices, Payments and Current Balance.

What is the difference between this statement and the statement that You would like to see ?

---------------------------------

To: 13/05/2010

A-Z Stationery Supplies

5/76 Readen Road

Date Invoice PO# or Ref Amount

11/05/2010 10000 Cooler Large... $468.00

13/05/2010 10001 Cooler Large... $520.00

11/05/2010 Payment Cash -$468.00

Total Invoices $988.00

Total Payments $468.00

Current Balance $520.00

---------------------------------

Mick, ***(edit - I responded the same time as a developer - see above post - I think we are actually saying the same thing)***

I would like to make sure the tech support agent logged the report suggestion properly. The customer statement lists all customer invoices by selectable period, all customer payments during selected period, and the outstanding balance, all in date sequential order. I am not sure I follow what you are looking for beyond this statement report that would be achievable in light of the payment reference issues that have already been discussed extensively in this forum, especially since EA intentionally allows payments to be entered against a customer account without an associated invoice reference being required so that an account balance can be paid partially or in full without reference to any invoices. Are you just looking for an unpaid invoices report by customer? If so this would not really be an Aged Debtors Report.

Common definition of your report - "The Aged Debtors Detail report contains detailed information about all the amounts that customers owe to the company. The report shows the amounts at a selected date, by listing the transactions that make up the amounts the customers owe. Transactions can include invoices, credit notes or customer payments."

When I look at a customer statement this is exactly what is being displayed. Just looking for some clarity here if development is going to be trying to create a report for the next release.

DJ

Hi DJ,

Firstly thank you for getting back to me with reference to this .

The report that EA generates does in deed show all these items but it is to very little use and this is what we need to work together to resolve.

Currently the report that EA generates is a transaction report - showing the date of sales, invoice numbers, account balance, total invoices and total payments(With no reference) this is my problem you see.

When we want to know what invoices are still outstanding and send a statement to our customers there is no way of showing just this.

What we need to be able to show is the following,

Between two dates, the open invoices that still require payments

for example

1002 - £45.10

1003 - £10.00

1004 - £10.50

Total Outstanding - £65.10

Even with the soft payment reference the statement doesn’t show what the payment was referenced to it just shows - as in your example a cash payment - which could be for anything!

Say a customer pays a half balance on an invoice - how on earth would you ever be able to track back the outstanding payment and what it was for?! - at the moment we cant.

What the system needs to be able to do is as follows,

1. In the latest version we need to have the ability to manually amend the softpayment column on a specific customer. this way we can amend all those clients that have already paid in the system.

2. In the statement view for unpaid accounts we need to be able to look at a customer and for this report to show the softpayment data in the report.

Ie if we add an invoice number to the softpayment or a description of payment then we can reference this back on the report.

Ie if I pay off the 45.10 in the above invoice then on the report it will show that the following

1003 - £10.00

1004 - £10.50

Payments

45.10 - credit "Insert Softpayment" 1002 "Insert Date"

Total Outstanding - £20.50

What do you think.

Secondly - I still have some reservations as to why the programmers can not see the importants of having an invoice structure - If a customer calls me and has an account question. We should be able to look at their customer record and see that they have paid x invoices and their associated numbers and they have the following invoices outstanding to be paid.

An example as follows -

Customer A calls to make payment to their account - by their records they owe £45 on the account EA states that they actually owe 150 - customer A asks OK - this being the case show me the outstanding invoices and I will make payment.

In the above example - as per your programmers way of doing things - we cant offer our customer what invoices havent been paid - as we cant see them for our selves.

Not only this but the way in which your programmers are rewriting the system makes the EA product more of a bank account then an actual sales ledger for people to run their businesses from. - actually even with a bank account you can still reference payments in reports and stements

A bank account a large collection of money.

An invoicing / accounting program - a collection of money owing and paid with readable references.

DJ - sometimes the comments that we all post on here can come accross as a rant - but they are not. We are trying to run our own businesses and we have chosen your software to give us the ability to account for transactions.

We just need your programmers to realise that you cant just take away the ability to see a paid or not paid invoice. We have to have the transactional data showing the invoices being paid off.

And if it means that we need to create a new backup set and starting a fresh then so be it - give us the ability to reconsile our exsiting data from one version to the other using a wizard - or a printed report so that we can type the details in.

I apprecaiate your commments.

Mick, ***(edit - I responded the same time as a developer - see above post - I think we are actually saying the same thing)***

I would like to make sure the tech support agent logged the report suggestion properly. The customer statement lists all customer invoices by selectable period, all customer payments during selected period, and the outstanding balance, all in date sequential order. I am not sure I follow what you are looking for beyond this statement report that would be achievable in light of the payment reference issues that have already been discussed extensively in this forum, especially since EA intentionally allows payments to be entered against a customer account without an associated invoice reference being required so that an account balance can be paid partially or in full without reference to any invoices. Are you just looking for an unpaid invoices report by customer? If so this would not really be an Aged Debtors Report.

Common definition of your report - "The Aged Debtors Detail report contains detailed information about all the amounts that customers owe to the company. The report shows the amounts at a selected date, by listing the transactions that make up the amounts the customers owe. Transactions can include invoices, credit notes or customer payments."

When I look at a customer statement this is exactly what is being displayed. Just looking for some clarity here if development is going to be trying to create a report for the next release.

DJ