Express Delegate and Dictation File Deadlines

Jay Vance

Mention is made in the ED help files about sorting files by "deadline," but I have searched high and low for any information on how a "deadline" is assigned to a dictation file. Where and when does this assignment take place? Thanks.

OK, I answered my own question, sort of. I see that when the ED web portal is used to create a new dictation, a deadline can be assigned at that point. I was thinking that perhaps there was a way to assign a deadline to a dictation in Express Dictate or DialDictate, or perhaps a default deadline could be assigned to a specific speaker user when the user is created.

I was thinking that perhaps there was a way to assign a deadline to a dictation in Express Dictate or DialDictate, or perhaps a default deadline could be assigned to a specific speaker user when the user is created.

As you've discovered, currently the only way to set the deadline is when creating or editing a dictation using the Express Delegate Web Control Panel.

There was some disagreement about how to improve this. Some say that speakers should be able to set deadlines in Express Dictate (or other clients), others say that only Express Delegate managers should be entering deadlines. If you have an opinion on how you think this should be implemented, please post your ideas here or via Express Delegate's Help -> "Send Improvement Suggestion or Feedback" menu item.

• 5 months later...

As you've discovered, currently the only way to set the deadline is when creating or editing a dictation using the Express Delegate Web Control Panel.

There was some disagreement about how to improve this. Some say that speakers should be able to set deadlines in Express Dictate (or other clients), others say that only Express Delegate managers should be entering deadlines. If you have an opinion on how you think this should be implemented, please post your ideas here or via Express Delegate's Help -> "Send Improvement Suggestion or Feedback" menu item.

If it were left up to the speaker, everything would be a priority and everything would have a deadline of today.