iPhone version and FTP upload

apcloic

Hi,

I've just give a try to Pocket Dictate on iPhone and I'm unable to login to my FTP server while using 3g connection.

It works when using a Wifi Access.

Error message is :

"FTP server is OK, unable to logon..."

Any idea ?

Hi,

I've just give a try to Pocket Dictate on iPhone and I'm unable to login to my FTP server while using 3g connection.

It works when using a Wifi Access.

Error message is :

"FTP server is OK, unable to logon..."

Any idea ?

Plz, is it normal behaviour or not ?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

NCH does not provide direct support on these forums. They are for users helping users. Developers and technical support both patrol these forums for issues as they are able, but you should not expect any direct response from NCH staff since this is not our support system. Please go to Pocket Dictate Technical Support and submit your inquiry using the form at the bottom of the page. Just put "iPhone" where it asks for Windows version.

DJ

Hi,

NCH does not provide direct support on these forums. They are for users helping users. Developers and technical support both patrol these forums for issues as they are able, but you should not expect any direct response from NCH staff since this is not our support system. Please go to Pocket Dictate Technical Support and submit your inquiry using the form at the bottom of the page. Just put "iPhone" where it asks for Windows version.

DJ

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I've just submit a ticket using Pocket Dictate Technical Support.

Best Regards, loic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

With the help of NCH Technical Support, we've managed to make FTP working over 3g. :)

We've simply had to uninstall / reinstall Pocket Dictate from iPhone and then problem solved.

Thanks a lot to NCH Technical Team for their help.

Best Regards.

EDIT : After a few more tests, it appears that sending dictations via FTP over 3g works 10% of the time, so it's not really usable.

'Hope NCH will release an updated version soon.

• 4 years later...

Pocket Dictate Technical Support has disappeared along with Pôcket Dictate itself. No warning, no way to access recordings. Not acceptable. Now all that is available is Express Dictate Technical Support but I cannot submit a query unless I spend $65 to buy Express Dictate. Which I would do if I could be guaranteed to access my Pocket Dictate recordings, but I cannot ask that question because I cannot submit a query. I guess I just have to start plastering reviews everywhere to warn people about this apparent bait and switch technique.

IF YOU TELL ME I CAN ACCESS MY RECORDINGS BY BUYING EXPRESS DICTATE I WILL DO IT. BUT I NEED TO KNOW THAT I CAN. NOT GOING TO SPEND THE MONEY TO FIND OUT THERE IS NOT ACCESS. JUST POST SOMETHING ON YOUR WEBSITE TO SAY WHAT HAPPENDED TO POCKET DICTATE AND WHAT ITS USERS CAN DO TO ACCESS THEIR RECORDINGS (THAT MAY BE TO PURCHASE EXPRESS DICTATE; BUT TELL US WHAT TO DO).