Drag and Drop

Staia

I have updated to Windows 7 and since doing that I'm having problems with drag and drop. Using Express Scribe v 5.01 and when I try to drag a file from the desktop into Express Scribe nothing happens. I click the mouse on the file and I get the '+' sign and it still shows when in Express Scribe but doesn't load. Does anybody else that this problem?

When I originally loaded ES I couldn't get it to work with Windows 7 and got on to Technical Support and they said to roll ES back to Vista which works fine but no drag and drop. Any help would be appreciated.

I have updated to Windows 7 and since doing that I'm having problems with drag and drop. Using Express Scribe v 5.01 and when I try to drag a file from the desktop into Express Scribe nothing happens.

What happens when you try Express Scribe v5.03?

What happens when you load the same files without using drag-and-drop? (e.g. Using File -> "Load Dictation Files...").

I click the mouse on the file and I get the '+' sign and it still shows when in Express Scribe but doesn't load.

Does the dictation appear in the dictation list? Does the dictation's duration stay at zero? Do the loading message and / or progress bar appear in the status bar?

When I originally loaded ES I couldn't get it to work with Windows 7 and got on to Technical Support and they said to roll ES back to Vista which works fine but no drag and drop.

What problem were you trying to solve when you originally contacted technical support?

What do you mean by "roll ES back to Vista"?

Just downloaded Express Scribe v5.03 and it doesn't work in that either. To answer your questions:

When I load the same files without using drag and drop it loads perfectly it's just drag and drop that doesn't work.

No, the dictation doesn't appear in the list, no time duration, no status bar - nothing at all happens.

My original problem was when I upgraded to Windows 7 Express Scribe wouldn't play any files. Contacted Technical Support and they suggested to go revert back to Vista as Express Scribe was out before Windows 7 - that worked perfectly.

By the way what's happened to the file types in ES v5.03? Does it not list the file extensions that plays in ES anymore?

Thanks for all your help.

When I load the same files without using drag and drop it loads perfectly it's just drag and drop that doesn't work.

No, the dictation doesn't appear in the list, no time duration, no status bar - nothing at all happens.

What file extension do these files have?

My original problem was when I upgraded to Windows 7 Express Scribe wouldn't play any files. Contacted Technical Support and they suggested to go revert back to Vista as Express Scribe was out before Windows 7 - that worked perfectly.

Sorry, it's still not clear what you mean by "revert back to Vista".

By the way what's happened to the file types in ES v5.03? Does it not list the file extensions that plays in ES anymore?

See the release notes for v4.35.