Web Access

warpyb1

This is the follow on email to Support at NCH.

Issue with the web access in version 3.04 and 3.28

Dear team I am about to release the software to be used by multiple users however when they go to add new items to an invoice there is no way of typing a description or amend the cost of the item. Nor does it actually put any prices in appart from the item name and thats it!

Please see attached screen shot - please can you let me know why this is? This means that I will not be able to have multiple users using the system which I thought is what the web access was for?

Many thanks

Mick Sheehan

Kind Regards

Michael Sheehan

Managing Director

Zest IT Solutions

Tel : 0844 504 3883

Mob : 07986344275

Fax : 0844 504 3226

www.zest-solutions.com

Group Company Number 7077582 - VAT Number 980 8431 96

This e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. Zest Solutions Group does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any other attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by Zest Solutions Group in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

Zest Solutions Group do not accept any responsibility for the use made by the contents of this email by third parties who are not associated with Zest Solutions Group.

-----Original Message-----

From: supportnch@nchsoftware.com [mailto:supportnch@nchsoftware.com]

Sent: 15 March 2010 20:05

To: Michael Sheehan

Subject: Re: Pty5 ExpressAccounts TechnicalSupportRequest Windows

Hi,

The programmers are currently working on express invoice to address the issues.

I have also sent your suggestions to the programmers so they are aware of the things you have found.

There should be a new version of the software released in about 2 weeks or so.

Regards,

Adam

NCH Software Support Team

http://www.nchsoftware.com

Note: while we make every attempt to give accurate advice, under our Reasonable Service Terms, the amount of time we can spend researching is limited. If you intend to rely on the advice for critical, dangerous or medical activities you must retain independent consultants to check your systems are safe and redundant. NCH Software and its employees' liability for loss is strictly limited to the amount paid for the software or support.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:41:14 +1100, Michael Sheehan <Michael.Sheehan@zest-solutions.com> wrote:

> Dear Nik,

>

> Thank you for getting back to me in regards to this issue.

>

> I have since had to download and go back to version 3.04

>

> 1.) What version was your old version? It might say on your invoice or if you still have it loaded somewhere, you can click on "Help" and "About Express Accounts" and it will tell you on the logo screen.

> 3.04 was using 3.26 but it allowed me to pay off invoices

> twice and also invoices from different customers - shouldnt be able to

> do this

> 2.) Were you having these same problems with your old version? If so did you notice when it started?

> I have checked the system and it was because it allowed me to pay some invoices off twice, in version 3.26 there is no way of knowing what invoices are still owing or not.

> 3.) Did you do a backup before you upgraded, if so do you still have a copy of it?

> Yes I have restored from my latest backup.

> 4.) Have you tried re-downloading the product?

> No as it causes so many issues

> 5.) Are you tracking many client accounts?

> Not that many

>

> When you release a new version can you tell me what updates and fixes have been applied - I can then post it to everyone else ?

>

> It seems to me that the new version of the software could be very good indeed although it appears to have some very major issues that the programmers need to address before it becomes useful.

>

> 1, If they are to remove the invoice paid and open column then they

> need to make sure there is some where you can see what are paid and not paid 2, Along these same lines if they are to remove this column then when you are applying payments to a customer why would you want to see the already paid invoices. You just need to see the current open ones so that you don’t accidently select an already paid invoice.

> 3, You shouldn’t be able to pay an already paid invoice 4, You should

> be able to make multiple payments to an invoice ie, cash and cheque but you shouldn’t be able to over pay any invoice more than the total amount shown.

> 5, When applying customer payments the template selection button should be a drop down list and it should be moved to the top where you select the date, as when you get to the button and select a template it deletes any data you have added.

> 6,In version 3.26 when you have more than three items in your list and press enter or TAB it deletes one of the items in your list and you need to reload the form.

> 7, In version 3.26 when you get to the bottom of the invoice list in the main view it is very difficult to get the system to move to the next item list.

> 8, In version 3.26 when you have a blank items field the software deletes the line completely even though it has been recorded. I think back in version 3.03 you were able to add free text to the invoice list and it didn’t delete any information - I have since lost 3 invoices in the system due to this error and I cannot recover.

> 9, When you apply a customer payment you should be given an option once the payment has been processed to print / email a remittance to show that it has been paid to the customer.

> 10, In 3.26 when you convert a quote to an invoice it should move from the quotes list and turn in to an open invoice in the invoice list.

> 11, In 3.26 If you take one of your old unpaid invoices and save as a draft, then 'record' you end up with two different invoice numbers for the same invoice. One of which appears is your unpaid records list and the original one which does not appear there even though it should.

>

> Please let me know your comments regarding the above list

>

> Mick

>

>

> Kind Regards

> Michael Sheehan

> Managing Director

>

> Zest IT Solutions

> Tel : 0844 504 3883

> Mob : 07986344275

> Fax : 0844 504 3226

> www.zest-solutions.com

>

> Group Company Number 7077582 - VAT Number 980 8431 96 This e-mail is

> confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. Zest Solutions Group does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any other attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by Zest Solutions Group in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

> Zest Solutions Group do not accept any responsibility for the use made by the contents of this email by third parties who are not associated with Zest Solutions Group.

>

>

>

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: supportnch@nchsoftware.com [mailto:supportnch@nchsoftware.com]

> Sent: 12 March 2010 22:45

> To: Michael Sheehan

> Subject: Re: Pty5 ExpressAccounts TechnicalSupportRequest Windows

>

> I looked through our developers Log of issues and fixes. I found nothing about anyone having problems with corrupted or incorrect total in your client payments. We recently upgraded our in house accounting to version and all the totals seemed to convert over just fine. May i ask you a few questions.

> 1.) What version was your old version? It might say on your invoice or if you still have it loaded somewhere, you can click on "Help" and "About Express Accounts" and it will tell you on the logo screen.

> 2.) Were you having these same problems with your old version? If so did you notice when it started?

> 3.) Did you do a backup before you upgraded, if so do you still have a copy of it?

> 4.) Have you tried re-downloading the product?

> 5.) Are you tracking many client accounts?

>

> Regards,

>

> Nik

> NCH Software Support Team

>

> http://www.nchsoftware.com

>

> Note: while we make every attempt to give accurate advice, under our Reasonable Service Terms, the amount of time we can spend researching is limited. If you intend to rely on the advice for critical, dangerous or medical activities you must retain independent consultants to check your systems are safe and redundant. NCH Software and its employees' liability for loss is strictly limited to the amount paid for the software or support.

>

>

>

> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:09:22 -0600, Michael.Sheehan@zest-solutions.com wrote:

> > ExpressAccounts TechnicalSupportRequest Windows:

> > Please can someone call me urgently.

> >

> > I really need to sort out what has happened with my data since you released 3.25 as it seems to have screwed around with my clients payments and now I dont know where or what the data is doing in either the older versions or the newest one!

> >

> > This is unacceptable.

> >

> > I have paid for the premium support package.

> >

> > Mick

> > +++ This customer has PAID SUPPORT

> > Extra Information (1): 3.26

> > Extra Information (2): winvista

Hi Mick,

Thank you for all of your feedback on Express Accounts.

Just wanted to let you know that I fast tracked this issue so it can be looked into. Unfortunately it would take a bit longer for a developer scanning this forum to put this post together with the PNG you entered into our ticketing system. I sent development this forum link along with your PNG attachment, rather than waiting for a support tech to make it happen.

Thanks for you patience.

DJ