New Version 3.28

GrahamW

Your joking!

Have you emailed support ?

Mick

Just downloaded version 3.28 to test and it also still has the same issue where you can receive money on an invoice that is already paid and you can do it multiple times.

How frustrating STILL

Graham

This is not a bug. FAQ: Is it possible to apply payment to an invoice ?

Express Accounts uses an account based payment system where payments are applied to the customer's account - not to a specific invoice. This makes it able to handle advance payments or payments without specified invoices much better. When you receive a payment the payment is applied to a customer not a specific invoice. You can however enter a soft cross-reference between a payment and invoice. This is for reference and easy of use only and is optional.

And there is "Payment Ref" column, that is a soft cross-reference between a payment and invoice. But this is just soft reference. Payments are applied to a customer not a spcified invoice

Hi Mick,

yeh have emailed in yet another bug report. This is absolutly stupid.

GTIM.

I see what you are saying but when you bring up a customer name it still shows every single invoice that customer has ever had, you can just tick the invoice you like even if it is paid or not and apply another payment. I know it's not the correct way to do it but it should not be allowed to happen it is so easy to make a mistake and and do it. In my opinion EA should come up with a message saying that invoice is already paid and not allow you to tick that one or have it shown but greyed out or something

As a test I paid the same invoice 10 times and each time just checked the P & L and it was all screwed up, now that has got to be a bug

Graham

this is a really bad bit of programing logic.

I am guessing that they have decided to change the way in which the database works to make something else work or improve another feature.

Knowing programers myself there is no reason why an already paid notification can not be added to the system .

I am going to submit a suppoort question to them as well.

Its surely a simple fix !?

They really havent read my last email have they?!

Mick

Hi Mick,

yeh have emailed in yet another bug report. This is absolutly stupid.

GTIM.

I see what you are saying but when you bring up a customer name it still shows every single invoice that customer has ever had, you can just tick the invoice you like even if it is paid or not and apply another payment. I know it's not the correct way to do it but it should not be allowed to happen it is so easy to make a mistake and and do it. In my opinion EA should come up with a message saying that invoice is already paid and not allow you to tick that one or have it shown but greyed out or something

As a test I paid the same invoice 10 times and each time just checked the P & L and it was all screwed up, now that has got to be a bug

Graham

yes it's just stupid that haven't address the issue you outlined and I have outlined many times over.

Surely it can't be that hard to still have the status column on the invoice so you know what is going on.

One part I like in 3.28 is you can now have part payments.

eg you have a customer owning $500 and they pay you $200 so it will correctly show the balance of $300 owing.

Using the above example it would be nice to be able to apply that part payment to a particular invoice, if you know what it is. So after you select the customer to apply the payment, you then click the invoice button and then thick the invoices the client wishes to pay.

It appears to me this issue of not knowing what invoices are paid now becase it uses a payment ref column and that is only valid for any new invoices and payments, so if you have 100's of existing invoices you have no idea what is paid or open, if this little glitch is fixed it would be wonderful.

Graham

I have just tired the new version - so you say that you can part pay an invoice so it looks like they have listened to some of the points we have made.

I have tried the web front end to see how the version will work when I start to have multiple users and I have just tried to make an invoice clicking on add a new item. And guess what it doesnt work!

Mick

yes it's just stupid that haven't address the issue you outlined and I have outlined many times over.

Surely it can't be that hard to still have the status column on the invoice so you know what is going on.

One part I like in 3.28 is you can now have part payments.

eg you have a customer owning $500 and they pay you $200 so it will correctly show the balance of $300 owing.

Using the above example it would be nice to be able to apply that part payment to a particular invoice, if you know what it is. So after you select the customer to apply the payment, you then click the invoice button and then thick the invoices the client wishes to pay.

It appears to me this issue of not knowing what invoices are paid now becase it uses a payment ref column and that is only valid for any new invoices and payments, so if you have 100's of existing invoices you have no idea what is paid or open, if this little glitch is fixed it would be wonderful.

Graham

Mick,

the web side of it works for me to add a new invoice, I am on WIndows 7 here however you have to scroll to the very bottom of your invoice list to see the add button, a bit silly I think, why not put it up the top of the list in full view.

Graham