Link Problem

kentraco

I'm streaming BroadWave 1.14 (Live 1) with ZaraRadio on Windows XP SP3. The computer that hosts the server is on a LAN with two others, using a wireless connection to a LinkSys router.

I've tried using the local address of the host computer, the address of the router and my public IP address in the link on my test web site (http://www.kentraco.com). None of them works. I've done port forwarding, using the PFConfig program, and Broadwave is telling me that the network is configured properly. I've even disabled the firewalls on both the router and the host computer.

Do these circumstances suggest a possible solution? I've read every post here and tried all of the suggestions.

At this point, I'm stumped.

Hi

The first step is to make sure you can listen locally, using one pc on the local network to connect to the PC running Broadwave. To check this, use the local IP address of the PC running Broadwave and the port number specified in the Broadwave setup. You also need to check that the firewall on the Broadwave PC is passing that port. Don't just assume it will, and also check the port number is correct. I have found that I specificall need to open the correct port number as it seems to offer a different one by default.

Once you can listen locally, you can be reassured that the Broadwave PC is set up correctly, and now turn to getting a remote connection working.

You will need to use your public IP address, and check that the router is forwarding the correct port to the correct local address.

If you are still stuck, please post back the full detail of what you've tried so far and and which point it stops working.

Thank you for responding. I've spent many hours trying to resolve this problem.

1. The BroadWave server program is running but tells me that it is not configured correctly for the network.

2. I've assigned the host computer the address 192.168.1.101 and done port forwarding via port 88, using the PFConfig program. But BroadWave continues to tell me I need to do it.

3. I've checked to make sure BroadWave is shown as an exception on the Windows XP SP3 firewall (port 88). I've even tried disabling the Windows XP firewall entirely.

4. I've disabled the router's firewall. I've gone online to check the setup of the router to make sure it's forwarding via port 88 to 192.168.1.101

5. On my test web site (www.kentraco.com), I've set up a link to the host computer address (192.168.1.101). From one of the other computers on my network, I can connect to the stream. It runs for three seconds and stops. And no one outside the LAN can access it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for responding. I've spent many hours trying to resolve this problem.

1. The BroadWave server program is running but tells me that it is not configured correctly for the network.

2. I've assigned the host computer the address 192.168.1.101 and done port forwarding via port 88, using the PFConfig program. But BroadWave continues to tell me I need to do it.

3. I've checked to make sure BroadWave is shown as an exception on the Windows XP SP3 firewall (port 88). I've even tried disabling the Windows XP firewall entirely.

4. I've disabled the router's firewall. I've gone online to check the setup of the router to make sure it's forwarding via port 88 to 192.168.1.101

5. On my test web site (www.kentraco.com), I've set up a link to the host computer address (192.168.1.101). From one of the other computers on my network, I can connect to the stream. It runs for three seconds and stops. And no one outside the LAN can access it.

Sorry it's taken a while to respond again.

1. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

2. This is the local IP address, so any PC also locally connected should test the stream using this IP address. If a local PC won't connect, it usually indicates a port number wrong, or firewall. What error do you get when you try http:// 192.168.1.101:88 / broadwave.mp3 (without the spaces)? If the local IP address correct (I mean is it fixed for that PC)?

Also 2. I haven't used PFconfig, I would be tempted to use the http admin screens on the router directly.

5. For remote users (not on your local network) you will need to use your public IP address. I would make sure it's working internally by using Winamp to connect locally before getting to this stage.