Express dictate "no sound device"

Bethc

Hello, well had express dictate for two years then i had to upgrade it because my boss got a new computer Windows 7. ever since i upgraded, i keep getting a message "no sound device" and nothing can be dictated. i turn down the computer, it starts to work and then i get the error message. what else can i try?

Thanks..

What do you mean by "turn down"?

What other applications are running? What other icons are showing in the notification area?

I should say that i turn down the computer and when I log back into express dictate it will work for a little bit then I get an error message saying "no sound device". My boss uses the computer everyday and he does go into other applications, what they are sometimes i don't know, maybe just the internet or other news site i am assuming. i wonder if he should not go into the other sites while dictating. Any suggestions?

• 11 months later...

Hello, well had express dictate for two years then i had to upgrade it because my boss got a new computer Windows 7. ever since i upgraded, i keep getting a message "no sound device" and nothing can be dictated. i turn down the computer, it starts to work and then i get the error message. what else can i try?

Thanks..

I seem to have the same problem. The error message I get says: "Unable to detect a SpeechMike. Please check you have connected your SpeechMike and installed its drivers."

I have done both of course. Besides, the Express Dictate DOES detect the mike because I can operate the program -- and this is what I've been doing so far -- with the computer mouse. It works, but is surely inconvenient not to be able to use the mike hand controls. How do I enable them?

Thanks