Getting BroadWave to work

markpickard

I have been struggling to get BroadWave to work, but so far without luck. I first received a message telling me to forward port 88 to 192.168.178.24, which I did. I then received message telling me to forward port 88 to 192.168.178.30, which I have also done. When I checked the support page, it told me to forward port 85 to my gateway IP, which I have done. I have pasted the links to my audio file and the BroadWave promo to my website, but I always get the message "The server at 88.64.220.181 is taking too long to respond" when I click on the link to my audio. The sound level meter in BroadWave shows that the audio is playing, but I sure can't connect to it via the internet. Also I am getting the message when I fire up my computer that the trial period has expired and I should pay, despite pasting the promo to my website (www.radiofreeradical.org).

I have been struggling to get BroadWave to work, but so far without luck. I first received a message telling me to forward port 88 to 192.168.178.24, which I did. I then received message telling me to forward port 88 to 192.168.178.30, which I have also done. When I checked the support page, it told me to forward port 85 to my gateway IP, which I have done. I have pasted the links to my audio file and the BroadWave promo to my website, but I always get the message "The server at 88.64.220.181 is taking too long to respond" when I click on the link to my audio. The sound level meter in BroadWave shows that the audio is playing, but I sure can't connect to it via the internet. Also I am getting the message when I fire up my computer that the trial period has expired and I should pay, despite pasting the promo to my website (www.radiofreeradical.org).

Hi Mark,

Is the link that you are using for your public IP address? I was having somewhat of the same issue. The IP address in the link on the Broadwave page was for my router not the computer. Use ipaddy.com to find your public IP address and paste that into the link replacing the current IP address. Also I think your ports have to be the same (not sure about that though) everything on mine is forwarded to 88. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

If you can't even connect locally, check Windows Firewall (if you're running it, as it will sometimes also need to be told to pass port 88, as it seems to suggest port 85 for Broadwave.

If that works, check you are using your public IP address and that your router forwards the correct port to the correct internal LAN address.