DRM?

Guest raiept

Guest raiept

I downloaded switch to convert wma. saved files to mp3 for download to an mp3 player. When I try to convert I continue to get the message:

"... or the file is protected with Digital Rights Management which limits the recording to limited players. " Are all files copied from disc protected and how do I convert if they are?

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_David_*
I downloaded switch to convert .wma saved files to mp3 for download to an mp3 player. When I try to convert I continue to get the message:

"... or the file is protected with Digital Rights Management which limits the recording to limited players."  Are all files copied from disc protected and how do I convert if they are?

:huh:

I am from the UK (don't know if my software is different to yours) and I have Windows Media Player 10. When I go to my "Rip" options it gives me the option to 'Copy Protect' my music. It may be that this option has been ticked, therefore limiting what you are able to do with your files.

To check this, click "Tools" then "Options." Then click the tab which says something along the lines of "Rip music." If you are choosing to reip your music into .wma format, then there is an option to "Copy Protect" your music, unlike if you are ripping into .mp3.

If this does not solve your problem, then may I suggest upgrading to wmp10, as this will give you the option to rip to mp3 format.

Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you rip audio from a CD using windows media player then it will protect it with DRM by default.

to check for DRM in ANY wma file, right-click the file in windows explorer -> click "Properties" -> if there is a License tab there, check that tab and see what it says. If there is no License tab, the file has no DRM.

• 3 months later...