down loaded bug fix have to buy program???

cutdeep46

Hi I have had a bug going for a while( locks up when I am doing book marks this has been happening for over 3 months) so I took a chance & sent it in , they said they had a fix, I downloaded the file installed it & I have to buy the damn thing AGAIN?? why can't there just be a bug fix to down load? Frustrated..again! Dale S I own 4 of your products & have had to purchase ...

I used this link : New or Fix Version Available

A new version 4.28 of WavePad is available which has fixed many reported bugs (probably including this one).

Please download the fix version using this link:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe

It is a small download. Just run the file after download and it will install over-the-top.

If the problem persists after you have installed the patch version please resubmit this message using the Help menu of the installed new version.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have had a bug going for a while( locks up when I am doing book marks this has been happening for over 3 months) so I took a chance & sent it in , they said they had a fix, I downloaded the file installed it & I have to buy the damn thing AGAIN?? why can't there just be a bug fix to down load? Frustrated..again! Dale S I own 4 of your products & have had to purchase ...

I used this link : New or Fix Version Available

A new version 4.28 of WavePad is available which has fixed many reported bugs (probably including this one).

Please download the fix version using this link:

http://www.nch.com.a...pad/wpsetup.exe

It is a small download. Just run the file after download and it will install over-the-top.

If the problem persists after you have installed the patch version please resubmit this message using the Help menu of the installed new version.

I'm glad I took the time to scroll through 4 or 5 pages on this forum BEFORE attempting to install the so-called "fix" for WavePad. I own WavePad and am a registered user of it.

There should be no reason in Hell for me, or anyone, to have to buy the program again, just because NCH fixed their own problems in their own software! Those "fixes" should be included automatically for the program which was purchased. Actually, each program being sold, should have already been tested completely BEFORE offering it for sale to the public!

Their "fix updates" is just a gimmick, if what you say is true.

I'm glad I took the time to scroll through 4 or 5 pages on this forum BEFORE attempting to install the so-called "fix" for WavePad. I own WavePad and am a registered user of it.

There should be no reason in Hell for me, or anyone, to have to buy the program again, just because NCH fixed their own problems in their own software! Those "fixes" should be included automatically for the program which was purchased. Actually, each program being sold, should have already been tested completely BEFORE offering it for sale to the public!

Their "fix updates" is just a gimmick, if what you say is true.

----------------------------------------

Hi I had a problem with freeze up with 3.27 or something like that & I went looking for a fix & the site took me to that download which I thought was a

"fix" it was a fix alright, it down loaded a whole new "Build" & neutralized my keys - I sent in a note & they gave me the keys for the mix up

You are correct though we should not have to buy a new program each time they fix a bug with their program? Like "Pay to play"? I have purchased it a couple times. I am using 4.24 It seems to work with the VST & longer songs don't seem to freeze up. That is the bad part when a work freezes you loose it, no way to recoup, it is start over. They need a BUG FIX download section/ they need to mark the builds so you can see what it is before you unwrap it. Clients should not have to guess what they are getting lol... take care. cut

----------------------------------------

Hi I had a problem with freeze up with 3.27 or something like that & I went looking for a fix & the site took me to that download which I thought was a

"fix" it was a fix alright, it down loaded a whole new "Build" & neutralized my keys - I sent in a note & they gave me the keys for the mix up

You are correct though we should not have to buy a new program each time they fix a bug with their program? Like "Pay to play"? I have purchased it a couple times. I am using 4.24 It seems to work with the VST & longer songs don't seem to freeze up. That is the bad part when a work freezes you loose it, no way to recoup, it is start over. They need a BUG FIX download section/ they need to mark the builds so you can see what it is before you unwrap it. Clients should not have to guess what they are getting lol... take care. cut

Over the years, I've written to NCH requesting that they begin doing like other software vendors do; and that is to have the web master add the current version numbers of each and every product they sell. It fell on deaf ears.

I'm almost certain they hide such valuable information purposely. That way, customers never have any confidence in what they are downloading. Actually, I think NCH stupidly names every one of the fixes and/or programs as "install.exe"!!

If you download that, and then try to find it on your hard disk drive -- God forbid! Until it's actually begun running (and has already corrupted some program installed on your system), you have no idea what it's actually installing!!!! That is just plain laziness on their part that they refuse to name files and also include the version number (within the filename itself).

Everybody else in the civilized world identifies their patches, updates, etc. with specific information, including the file date. At least, most of them do. But, NCH? They ignore requests from users.

Right now, I have a problem with my NCH "WavePad Sound Editor". It's over 3 months old, therefore NCH expects me to buy it again! WTF? I have software I paid once for years ago, and I still get free updates, including program updates and wonderful, personal, email support almost instantly from them! The products I'm referring to require much more programming skill than WavePad, MultiTrack Editor, etc.!!!

I'm scared to death to try to uninstall my current WavePad version. I do have the original download "install.exe" of it (which I renamed so that I would know what it was). But, due to NCH's paranoid and convoluted 2-stage registration process, I'm afraid that my original "keys" would not be recognized -- even though it's software that I paid for and resides upon my own computer!

I'm really frustrated.

Hi. Yeah I just copy the whole program folder off to a flash drive along with the code. They really need to "ID" their files better, I mean having to run an install to know what it is is rather dangerous for one 2 it is antiquated compared to the others BUT my biggest gripe is the bug fix issue, they should fix what they sell so it does what they say it will do, over rating does nothing but hurt their bottom line. I use numerous others DC7 -8 & a couple other free ones that are remarkable for what they are, I do audio forensics & some are real good for free lol.. take care. cut

I guess it's only appropriate that I write this now, especially after I ranted so much, earlier. At least, I got to "blow-off some steam, due to my frustration).

I wrote to NCH Tech Support about a few problems I was having with my WavePad Master's Edition. The very next day, a person named Rommel responded to me with exactly the kind of support I hoped for, and needed! He did a great job.

My program is now running perfectly again.

So, not everything is always as bad as I sometimes feel it is. However, I still wish some of my former complaints about NCH's "policies" would change. I believe it hurts customers and the company's reputation. But, today I'm feeling quite happy, after the great support I got from Rommel.